PINE64

Full Version: Ethernet Slow Download
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(04-27-2016, 05:36 PM)lenny.raposo-pine64.pro Wrote: [ -> ]it's on one of the bug reports for the 3.10.65 BSP kernel.

Something myself and others are trying to address, but if you set the link speed to 100mbits it will atleast give you a much more stable connection for the time being until the ethernet issues get patched up Wink

thank you for the info, i cant wait until its patched up, setting link speed to 100mbit increased my speed to insane 1mbit Tongue
Same issue on arch linux... (same kernel, also)

Hoping a patch will be released soon Big Grin
(05-08-2016, 01:14 PM)malevolent Wrote: [ -> ]Same issue on arch linux... (same kernel, also)

Nope, different issue. There exist a few and totally unrelated Ethernet issues but nothing will change since people are encouraged to mix things up and don't get back to us with feedback (unlike you) since they're busy dealing with workarounds (switching down to Fast Ethernet instead of helping devs understand the issues some users are running into) or feeding 'bug trackers' that work like a trash can.

Since information posted into this forum is also like throwing sentences into the trash since it's not picked up to feed a real FAQ or the Pine64 wiki it's useless to waste time to explain (again).
"...instead of helping devs understand the issues some users are running into..."

I'm on longsleep's Ubuntu image. If you want to tell me what I need to type to get you the debugging information you seek, I'll gladly help.
(05-09-2016, 05:50 AM)utdrmac Wrote: [ -> ]"...instead of helping devs understand the issues some users are running into..."

I'm on longsleep's Ubuntu image. If you want to tell me what I need to type to get you the debugging information you seek, I'll gladly help.

There's nothing to type. A multimeter is needed and the willingness to not jump to the next silly workaround but provide information instead:

http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=887&page=2 (potential relationship between underpowering and GbE Ethernet)

BTW: On Android/RemixOS if you use any of the common SD cards that show horribly low random I/O performance Android's use of the fsync call could already 'slow down networking' since writes to the card are the real bottleneck (so you suffer from blocked I/O but think it's network related): http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=191&page=6
With Arch Linux on my 1GB A64+ I get stable speeds of ~300mbit/s downstream (to the Pine), and ~200mbit/s upstream.
With `ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full` everything is working fine. I tested 3 power supplies ranging from 2.5A to 3.5A. The only thing that I didn't try was using a shorter ethernet cable. I am using a 10m ethernet cable I might suspect that could be the culprit. 

Will try a shorter cable and report here.

Just tried a shorter ethernet cable and nothing changed still utterly slow in gigabit mode. Totally fine in 100Mbit mode. 

I am using a 2GB A64+ using longsleeps ubuntu image using this kernel 

`Linux pine64 3.10.101-0-pine64-longsleep #39 SMP PREEMPT Sat May 7 12:39:25 CEST 2016 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux`
(05-14-2016, 11:29 AM)luggi Wrote: [ -> ]With `ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full` everything is working fine. I tested 3 power supplies ranging from 2.5A to 3.5A. The only thing that I didn't try was using a shorter ethernet cable. I am using a 10m ethernet cable I might suspect that could be the culprit. 

Will try a shorter cable and report here.

Just tried a shorter ethernet cable and nothing changed still utterly slow in gigabit mode. Totally fine in 100Mbit mode. 

I am using a 2GB A64+ using longsleeps ubuntu image using this kernel 

`Linux pine64 3.10.101-0-pine64-longsleep #39 SMP PREEMPT Sat May 7 12:39:25 CEST 2016 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux`

What hardware make/model is on the other end of the cable. So many seem to see a issue like this maybe its a common piece of hw the pine is not connecting with properly?
How do you `ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full`.... ssh from laptop to the Pine64?

I got 2 Pine64 2gb (one running Remix OS and the other on Andriod)....Sorry, im kinda a noob to Linux environment.
(05-14-2016, 08:36 PM)rahlquist Wrote: [ -> ]What hardware make/model is on the other end of the cable. So many seem to see a issue like this maybe its a common piece of hw the pine is not connecting with properly?

It is a Fritz!Box.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9