PINE64

Full Version: HDMI issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
How many HDMI devices have you tried your pine on? Have you tried more than one cable? ETC the poll is simple but the devil is in the details. For me I have tried 3 screens and 3 cables and only one screen and 2 cables work.
my issue is that I get initial video, using Android image. Shows splash screen for Android then shows Pine A64 splash screen, then shows plain white screen. Left it there for over an hour, no change. Not sure if this is a hardware issue or android issue. Found youtube video about Android devices with white screen, and they refer to video connection bad on system board. but Pine A64 is soldered so not sure what to actually check.
I have tried my 2gb pine on 2 tv's with 4 different lengths of hdmi both work fine for 10-15 mins then the screen flashes black for a second and returns with a pink/blue/green hue (depending on the colour the screen should be), this can last between 5 and 10 mins then the screen goes black again and returns full colour, this happens every time and in a loop the entire time the pine is on, no matter what os I'm trying to boot.[Image: 38ed5da081bac360fc1ec51fd3857ea0.jpg][Image: 6a62efbf2954e0f59481da2864aeae59.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
IIRC, some HDMI monitors can resize their inputs automatically, some just tell the HDMI source what the screen resolution is, and the source has to deal with it. I don't have a pine64, but I can imagine that it might only work if your monitor actually accepts the resolution pine64 provides.
(04-05-2016, 04:09 PM)MichaelMeissner Wrote: [ -> ]IIRC, some HDMI monitors can resize their inputs automatically, some just tell the HDMI source what the screen resolution is, and the source has to deal with it.  I don't have a pine64, but I can imagine that it might only work if your monitor actually accepts the resolution pine64 provides.

Well if thats the case, that the Pine is not communicating with the monitors to give them a feed they accept, then perhaps someone can tell us exactly what it is the pine is outputting so that we can get a screen that properly supports it. 

Damn shame that its not more compatible tho like other SBC.
(04-06-2016, 08:52 AM)rahlquist Wrote: [ -> ]Well if thats the case, that the Pine is not communicating with the monitors to give them a feed they accept, then perhaps someone can tell us exactly what it is the pine is outputting so that we can get a screen that properly supports it. 

Pine64 is at a very early stage at this point. Most other SBC's have been on the market for awhile. I recall Raspberry Pi was somewhat dicey in the early days also.

I would expect a lot of things to be broken, and right now the developers are probably having to triage things.

It will likely be fixed as things get into wider distribution and more people can look at the problem with different eyes. If you want it fixed sooner, you need to jump in and debug what is going on. This is how Free Software improves -- people jump in and roll up their sleeves to fix issues.
(04-06-2016, 12:11 PM)MichaelMeissner Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-06-2016, 08:52 AM)rahlquist Wrote: [ -> ]Well if thats the case, that the Pine is not communicating with the monitors to give them a feed they accept, then perhaps someone can tell us exactly what it is the pine is outputting so that we can get a screen that properly supports it. 

Pine64 is at a very early stage at this point.  Most other SBC's have been on the market for awhile.  I recall Raspberry Pi was somewhat dicey in the early days also.

I would expect a lot of things to be broken, and right now the developers are probably having to triage things.

It will likely be fixed as things get into wider distribution and more people can look at the problem with different eyes. If you want it fixed sooner, you need to jump in and debug what is going on. This is how Free Software improves -- people jump in and roll up their sleeves to fix issues.
Oh trust me, not new to OSS however this is basic low level operation that will likley be tied to firmware that I wont be able to touch at this point. 

That said my pine is sitting here next to me booted into debian and I am ssh into it at the moment. 

I have a feeling a lot of folks expected something a bit more finished based on the KS campaign, not something that was still very much an alpha product. But hey I could be wrong.
(04-06-2016, 08:52 AM)rahlquist Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-05-2016, 04:09 PM)MichaelMeissner Wrote: [ -> ]IIRC, some HDMI monitors can resize their inputs automatically, some just tell the HDMI source what the screen resolution is, and the source has to deal with it.  I don't have a pine64, but I can imagine that it might only work if your monitor actually accepts the resolution pine64 provides.

Well if thats the case, that the Pine is not communicating with the monitors to give them a feed they accept, then perhaps someone can tell us exactly what it is the pine is outputting so that we can get a screen that properly supports it. 

Sounds like a overkill way to go... pay a coupple of hundred $ for a tv to be able to use a sbc worth a coupple of $... but hey. Who am I to judge. Wink
According to http://forum.pine64.org/archive/index.ph...d-539.html and https://linux-sunxi.org/Banana_Pi_M3#HDM...converters, I guess Pine64 doesn't know how to talk with Non-HDCP compliant devices.

I did some experiment with HDMI to DVI adapter (passive one), HDMI to VGA adapter (HDCP compliant), HDMI monitor (HDCP compliant) and my board worked with HDMI to VGA adapter and HDMI monitor but does not output anything with HDMI to DVI adapter.
As for the pink/green tinting on the image, i would try changing your monitor/TV's color setting. It's happened before with random blackouts and returning all color-distorted, they changed their color settings from RGB to YPbPr and it worked for them. I would try that change, and if it doesn't work try all the other options that are available on your display until you find the one that doesn't mess up the colors.

Hope this helps!
Pages: 1 2 3 4