PINE64

Full Version: Is possible Kano OS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, as they title say, is possible yo port and boot Kano OS in Pine and Pinebook?, could be great, Kano complete kit is not really affordable, but the software have something special for children, much more eye-catching and intuitive than Ubuntu for Pine and more useful than stock Android for education
it is most likely possible but imo would be a fairly large task to then integrate the larger "kano world" of all the "optional" add-ons. my impression of this offering is to have a system of expandable options that the kids will endlessly bug their parents to buy. of course they do it with some good graphics and "childlike presentations" i spent an hour or so at the kano github looking at what they have done and discovered that while it is all free you then have to agree to a terms of service and acceptable use policy in order to use the system. incidentally a large portion of the base code is over 2 years old with the current work being done on graphics and the hardware add-ons. and you are correct, the system is way too costly. i can remember that as a child if i asked for something that my parents thought was too much money they simply said it was too much money and after asking [or bugging] them a few times more they said no and added a , end of discussion. this kano o/s is much more than an o/s. it's a system of over-priced hardware add-ons known as kano world. if you did get the base build to boot then you would have a as large project to interface all the hardware that comes along with it.
(01-30-2018, 10:39 PM)kurai021 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, as they title say, is possible yo port and boot Kano OS in Pine and Pinebook?, could be great, Kano complete kit is not really affordable, but the software have something special for children, much more eye-catching and intuitive than Ubuntu for Pine and more useful than stock Android for education

Please check on this thread: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=2953