PINE64

Full Version: rock with android runing too slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello! im not sure if soome one else is having this problem:

installed the android from the official site in 2 SD recently formated using diskpart and mounted the image using Etcher and win32diskimager in both. Then booted the rock ok but when i want to use it it is slow as hell, is slower than my old pine 64a+ or even my nexus 7 (well i havent used it in a long time but still think it feels slower)

Play store creshes every time i try to use it, youtube dont let me sign in, settings crashes quite often, cant use chrome couse it crashes...

i think im not doing anything wrong, can some one tell my if it is my foult, where my expectations too high or is the rockis just that bad?
Which OS image are you referring to exactly? Android benefits from fast storage and really should be ran off of eMMC.
(01-24-2018, 03:49 AM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]Which OS image are you referring to exactly? Android benefits from fast storage and really should be ran off of eMMC.

I´m using the Android 7.1.2 Stock Image [microSD Boot] [Rooted] [20171204]
And yes i thought that was one of the reasons so i just buyed the eMMC.
I have little experience with the stock image as I've mostly been running the ATV build. But I remember it running really smoothly with no crashes or issues.

Which R64 are you using ?
(01-24-2018, 06:49 AM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]I have little experience with the stock image as I've mostly been running the ATV build. But I remember it running really smoothly with no crashes or issues.

The 4Gb ram one, and tried to run the ATV build from the wiki and didnt  work, did you used SD card or eMMC?
(01-24-2018, 06:56 AM)locklamora Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2018, 06:49 AM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]I have little experience with the stock image as I've mostly been running the ATV build. But I remember it running really smoothly with no crashes or issues.

The 4Gb ram one, and tried to run the ATV build from the wiki and didnt  work, did you used SD card or eMMC?

I use eMMC. But I tried SD too and worked just fine for me. On SD the initial boot takes very long.
Hi

I recently received my Rock64 order, I been trying to get set up and trying different images, I had the Android 7.1.2 Stock Image [microSD Boot] [Rooted] [20171204] on a 32GB Samsung PRO microsd with 2GB  Rock64 for couple of days now, I have tried playstore, youtube, chrome and had no crashes, I have no issue with speed, problem could be with the microsd used.

Jose
Thanks Jose. Indeed, is it a class 10 card ? what card is it lockmora that you're using.
(01-25-2018, 02:58 AM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Jose. Indeed, is it a class 10 card ? what card is it lockmora that you're using.

yes, it is a class 10, one is the one that my pine64a+ came with, the other one is a samsung.
Can it be the format? i use FAT32...
(01-25-2018, 07:27 AM)locklamora Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-25-2018, 02:58 AM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Jose. Indeed, is it a class 10 card ? what card is it lockmora that you're using.

yes, it is a class 10, one is the one that my pine64a+ came with, the other one is a samsung.
Can it be the format? i use FAT32...

When you flash the SD it gets partitioned so it doesn't matter.