PINE64

Full Version: sopine cluster thermal images
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So it look like I have a failing module Undecided

[attachment=1096]

They're in order from right to left 0 through 4, and sopine1 is running stupidly hot despite not doing anything as confirmed by the terminal screen cap. The outside modules are the coolest, while 2 and 3 are taking some extra heat.

[attachment=1097]

Fans and forced air are on the way. Heatsinks are at the office, but sopine1 looks like it's toast (sic)
I wish IR cameras were cheaper. I've been wanting one since I started building printers. I wonder why that module is generating so much heat.
bummer :/ you sure its the module that's failing - does it also get hot on the stock baseboard ?
(12-29-2017, 02:16 PM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]bummer :/ you sure its the module that's failing - does it also get hot on the stock baseboard ?

sadly it's the module, on the baseboard it heats up to over 90C and then goes into thermal shut-down.
(12-29-2017, 02:26 PM)maya.b Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2017, 02:16 PM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]bummer :/ you sure its the module that's failing - does it also get hot on the stock baseboard ?

sadly it's the module, on the baseboard it heats up to over 90C and then goes into thermal shut-down.

Ah well, then RIP Sad