PINE64

Full Version: Could you potentially create a Portable Emulation Machine with the Rock64?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wanted to know if it was possible to develop a Rock64 Portable Console, with a controller inside of it like this:
[Image: Raspberry-Pi-Portable-by-benheck-Thingiverse.png]
Yea, I am quite certain its possible. I've built two PiGRRLs in the past and I am sure that Adafruit's powerboost1000 and control PCBs will work pretty much as you'd expect. Then there is only a question of the LCD panels/ driver boards - someone more knowledgeable would have to let us how much effort (if any) it would take a stock Pi LCD to work with the Rock64.
(12-08-2017, 11:19 AM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]Yea, I am quite certain its possible. I've built two PiGRRLs in the past and I am sure that Adafruit's powerboost1000 and control PCBs will work pretty much as you'd expect. Then there is only a question of the LCD panels/ driver boards - someone more knowledgeable would have to let us how much effort (if any) it would take a stock Pi LCD to work with the Rock64.

Can't you buy a 7" inch Pine64 LCD for pretty cheap?  Huh
You were asking about the Rock64 right ? The R64 doesnt have DSI (or TP) - so the Pine64 LCD will not work. You'd need a driver board - just like you do on a RPI.