PINE64

Full Version: Arcade Cabinet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone recently i got the idea of using again my pine 64 but this time to make a Arcade Cabinet , i was asking myself how should i deal with the buttons and with the OS i was planning of workinf with Linux Ubuntu and retroarch thanks of helping me for my future project .
(11-19-2017, 04:02 PM)SirLenuxx Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone recently i got the idea of using again my pine 64 but this time to make a Arcade Cabinet , i was asking myself how should i deal with the buttons and with the OS i was planning of workinf with Linux Ubuntu and retroarch thanks of helping me for my future project .

Here is the one I built. If I understand a recent post from Lakka devs correctly, there may be an official Lakka port for Pine A64 coming soon. 
What sort of screen do you think you'll use ? 
As for buttons / joystick, I had no issue using a Dradonrise encoder - works fine with both Linux and Android.
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with Smile
(11-19-2017, 04:43 PM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-19-2017, 04:02 PM)SirLenuxx Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone recently i got the idea of using again my pine 64 but this time to make a Arcade Cabinet , i was asking myself how should i deal with the buttons and with the OS i was planning of workinf with Linux Ubuntu and retroarch thanks of helping me for my future project .

Here is the one I built. If I understand a recent post from Lakka devs correctly, there may be an official Lakka port for Pine A64 coming soon. 
What sort of screen do you think you'll use ? 
As for buttons / joystick, I had no issue using a Dradonrise encoder - works fine with both Linux and Android.
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with Smile
i hope so for the lakka version it will be more optimized .
I think i'll use a Samsung 27" full hd 
I don't know what is dragonrise encoder so i will make some research thanks