PINE64

Full Version: Somehow broke sound, can someone help me out?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While updating some packages to the debian stable versions, I managed to break audio in the process.
Pulseaudio is running and shows output in the volume. So I'm assuming the problem is somewhere in alsa.

Can someone post the full output of "amixer -c0" of a working sound output of a pinebook 14"? I'm currently assuming it's one of those many settings that is wrong.
That's mine pinebook 14: Pastebin
Mick, I took the liberty of putting your paste in pastebin, hope you don't mind.
Thanks, copied over those settings, and now it works again!
(11-13-2017, 04:14 PM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]Mick, I took the liberty of putting your paste in pastebin, hope you don't mind.

Of course not! Never end learing, thanks.

Anyway, today I found that my sound is somewhat broken. I tried to play with cursors in alsa-mixer, but there's no way to get any sound from speakers neither headphone jack. I will investigate...

(11-23-2017, 01:00 PM)daid Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, copied over those settings, and now it works again!

Is there an automated way, or have you set manually entry by entry?
Eventually I manage to get sound (at list from the speakers).
From alsamixer, I find that rising the control "digital volume" (4th backwards from the last), results in decreasing final volume.

Anyway I would be so interested in understanding the meaning of each entry in that program, instead of just trying different combination almost randomly...
Do anyone have any link to documentation giving at least a bird-eye view of the issue?