PINE64

Full Version: USB -> eMMC is now available.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The title says it all ... link
How would you install a OS on the eMMC using this? Can you skip the sd card completely? Would love a tutorial.
(11-22-2017, 05:53 AM)Tony32 Wrote: [ -> ]How would you install a OS on the eMMC using this? Can you skip the sd card completely? Would love a tutorial.

just plug in the eMMC in to the USB converter, plug the usb converter in your pc, use Pine64Installer to flash the eMMC Wink
Just DD as you normally would to SD
Thanks for the quick replies! I ordered the Rock64 today. I wonder if its possible to dual boot easily like with NOOBs.
When using the USB-eMMC with PINE64 Installer, should you use the "microSD" or the microSD to eMMC" images?
(02-13-2018, 03:49 PM)GeerGuy Wrote: [ -> ]When using the USB-eMMC with PINE64 Installer, should you use the "microSD" or the microSD to eMMC" images?

MicroSD
When I install my new 16GB eMMC into the USB adapter and plug into a USB port I get the following error message:

Location is not available
F:\ is not accessible
Incorrect function.

Using Windows 10.
The red LED is on.

Any ideas?
(02-17-2018, 01:33 AM)GeerGuy Wrote: [ -> ]When I install my new 16GB eMMC into the USB adapter and plug into a USB port I get the following error message:

Location is not available
F:\ is not accessible
Incorrect function.

Using Windows 10.
The red LED is on.

Any ideas?

if the eMMC module has not been formatted or format as EXT4, then need to reformat before able to file access under Windows OS environment.

[note] Mostly is EXT4 format due to factory always loaded Android OS for device functional testing.
I used a Linux computer and it worked fine, Thanks

Is it possible to use the USB-eMMC Adapter in Windows?

Even after programming it once with a Linux computer, it still does not show up in Windows.
Pages: 1 2