PINE64

Full Version: Strange situation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rock64 4GB with 64GB eMMC video out HDMI to a 32 inch monitor. OS is Ubuntu Debian Mate booting from the eMMC.  If I leave the system running the video output shuts down after about 15 minutes or so. If I press any key the video comes right back and the mouse operates but the system is frozen. Mouse clicks do not work on anything. Can't issue shut down. Can't bring up Firefox or any application. Nothing works. I have to power off then re-connect the power boot it back up to the desktop then do a normal shutdown. Not sure how this is happening or why. Anyone got an idea or solution?
Thanks,
Mike
Huh Huh Huh Huh
it is an issue with power management. you have to change what you want it to do after being unused for a certain period of time, i think the default is sleep after 15 min. you want to put it at "never" so it never goes to sleep since for some reason it will not come back from sleep.
(10-30-2017, 09:03 PM)dkryder Wrote: [ -> ]it is an issue with power management. you have to change what you want it to do after being unused for a certain period of time, i think the default is sleep after 15 min. you want to put it at "never" so it never goes to sleep since for some reason it will not come back from sleep.

Thanks, I will look for that in the settings. good catch.
Mike
maybe this can be the same problem ?

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=5293
could be. seems as though they are entirely different issues though because i never lock out the ui when return from sleep yet i still had the problem with coming back from sleep. so i disabled entering sleep. if you run mate, try it and find out. i currently use the rooted android on rock64 and am not using the pine64 or sopine boards right now.
The system got so bad that I was forced to reflash the eMMC with a new Debian Mate image. I rebooted it and then figured out the problem. I had been doing the software updater without thinking about the sources. I suspect that one of the updates that was not from Ayubfan was the problem. I purged the updater to only download the Rock64 updates. Problem solved.