PINE64

Full Version: Best OS for presentations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Pine64 2gb (A64-DB-2G-Rev B) that I got during the Kick Starter campaign.

I'm an insurance agent, and I do a lot of presentations at restaurants and other places like that.  I would like to use my Pine to display PPT's and potentially other media files on tv's or projectors.

What would be the best OS to load on my Pine to run this?  

P.S. I have a Kennison wireless presenter mouse with a usb dongle, is it possible for it to work as well?  Or another input device.
(10-19-2017, 07:05 PM)denniston Wrote: [ -> ]I have a Pine64 2gb (A64-DB-2G-Rev B) that I got during the Kick Starter campaign.

I'm an insurance agent, and I do a lot of presentations at restaurants and other places like that.  I would like to use my Pine to display PPT's and potentially other media files on tv's or projectors.

P.S. I have a Kennison wireless presenter mouse with a usb dongle, is it possible for it to work as well?  Or another input device.

You probably want to use Android 6 for this purpose, as it will do both presentations and media just fine. Whether or not the presenter mouse will work or not I have no clue - just give it a try (wireless mice and 'airmice' do work).
(10-20-2017, 01:44 AM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-19-2017, 07:05 PM)denniston Wrote: [ -> ]I have a Pine64 2gb (A64-DB-2G-Rev B) that I got during the Kick Starter campaign.

You probably want to use Android 6 for this purpose, as it will do both presentations and media just fine. Whether or not the presenter mouse will work or not I have no clue - just give it a try (wireless mice and 'airmice' do work).
Sounds Great.  I'll start there!

Thanks
it is possible to craft some very nice presentations with google docs and chrome browser has extensions that can help also. it is just necessary to spend time with what is available to see if you can do what you want. of course either linux or android would work. basically, this could give you some alternatives.