PINE64

Full Version: PINE64/ROCK64 infra receiver power on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

On the PINE64 board there is an infra header. With the diode installed, is it capable of turning ON the board, or just turning it OFF?
I am interested in the answer for the ROCK64 board too, which has an infra receiver installed already: can it be used to power ON the device, or only to shut it down with the remote?

Thank you
(10-06-2017, 06:41 AM)cserem Wrote: [ -> ]On the PINE64 board there is an infra header. With the diode installed, is it capable of turning ON the board, or just turning it OFF?
I am interested in the answer for the ROCK64 board too, which has an infra receiver installed already: can it be used to power ON the device, or only to shut it down with the remote?

On the PineA64 it may only be used to power OFF;  but it may NOT be used to power ON.  This is a restriction on the way the AXP803 ( PMIC ) works with the SoC & system.  

On the Rock64 it 'may' be possible to power ON,  but the IR receiver so far has received very little attention;  out-of-box it does not work ( has no input device ) in linux;  does work in a limited way in Android.  In the future the IR receiver will get more attention I'm sure.

Blush