PINE64

Full Version: Compatible LCD DSI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(12-20-2017, 03:51 AM)drock Wrote: [ -> ]ah I see there are a bunch of part numbers that all go back to the same screen.  Just to follow up, I did purchase the aliexpress screen I posted above and it worked without issue.  I appreciate everyone's input and help.

aliexpress LCD is without Capacitive touch or including?

Just asking, because picture on aliexpress shows "raw"display, and what I would need is additional capacitive touch digitizer glass?

And would I need to buy FPC adapter or how would that fit into Pine 64 DSI FPC socket, please?
(12-25-2017, 11:25 AM)ricoli Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-20-2017, 03:51 AM)drock Wrote: [ -> ]ah I see there are a bunch of part numbers that all go back to the same screen.  Just to follow up, I did purchase the aliexpress screen I posted above and it worked without issue.  I appreciate everyone's input and help.

aliexpress LCD is without Capacitive touch or including?

Just asking, because picture on aliexpress shows "raw"display, and what I would need is additional capacitive touch digitizer glass?

And would I need to buy FPC adapter or how would that fit into Pine 64 DSI FPC socket, please?

The ALiexpress LCD is just LCD panel without capacitive multi-touch capability. The Touch Panel connection has its own connector mark as "TP".
correct there is no touch screen. The cable coming off the screen will plug directly into the DSI port(its is a 30pin .5mm pitch ribbon), but it is very short and I do not recommend it for purposes other than testing. Unless you make a housing that will properly secure this setup you should buy an extension. It's a basic part and cheap, for example:

https://www.ebay.com/i/162768952020?chn=ps

There are number available. I think you can get these from somewhere like mouser as well.

I have almost found the touch panel separate as well, but not with the correct cable. I think that most of these touch panels come with a straight cable that goes into a touch panel ic, but the one used by the pine is a bit different and has an ic inline on the ribbon cable.

If I am incorrect someone let me know.
(12-26-2017, 02:23 PM)drock Wrote: [ -> ]correct there is no touch screen.  The cable coming off the screen will plug directly into the DSI port(its is a 30pin .5mm pitch ribbon), but it is very short and I do not recommend it for purposes other than testing. Unless you make a housing that will properly secure this setup you should buy an extension. It's a basic part and cheap, for example:

There are number available.  I think you can get these from somewhere like mouser as well.

I have almost found the touch panel separate as well, but not with the correct cable. I think that most of these touch panels come with a straight cable that goes into a touch panel ic, but the one used by the pine is a bit different and has an ic inline on the ribbon cable.

check this post. hope this helps. 

Third Party LCD Panel and Touch Screen options for Pine64
, nice blog write-up on the lcd panel.
(01-09-2018, 04:15 AM)desai_amogh Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2017, 02:23 PM)drock Wrote: [ -> ]correct there is no touch screen.  The cable coming off the screen will plug directly into the DSI port(its is a 30pin .5mm pitch ribbon), but it is very short and I do not recommend it for purposes other than testing. Unless you make a housing that will properly secure this setup you should buy an extension. It's a basic part and cheap, for example:

There are number available.  I think you can get these from somewhere like mouser as well.

Thanks on posting this article link :-)
Thanks . I see many guys getting to my conclusion after wandering around forums, blogs, etc. my article might ease it for them. Besides, I also hope some body will couple those 3-4 things and put it up for sale as a Pine64 display kit someday. It would be great if Your team itself does it (with more screen size options) :-)

(01-09-2018, 07:08 PM)dkryder Wrote: [ -> ] ,  nice blog write-up on the lcd panel.

Thanks
(01-09-2018, 04:15 AM)desai_amogh Wrote: [ -> ]

Awesome.  Thanks for the write up with all the ground work! I do not see how to buy the tp converter board though.
(01-11-2018, 02:11 AM)drock Wrote: [ -> ]I do not see how to buy the tp converter board though.

As it says, (This board needs to be built with connectors). So you will have to get the PCB fabricated, buy connectors, solder them, etc.

Or have a company like Elecrow or allpcb build it for you. Just send them the design file gerbers and they build it for you.
(01-11-2018, 03:15 AM)desai_amogh Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2018, 02:11 AM)drock Wrote: [ -> ]I do not see how to buy the tp converter board though.

As it says, (This board needs to be built with connectors).  So you will have to get the PCB fabricated, buy connectors, solder them, etc.

Or have a company like Elecrow or allpcb build it for you.  Just send them the design file gerbers and they build it for you.

To make it more simple, Just send this file to elecrow at PCB@elecrow.com with these two parts No.
P4 and  P2 - Digikey part - https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/e...ND/5170911
P1 and P3 - Digikey part - https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/e...ND/5967755

They will make the PCB and assemble it for you. I expect the price to be less than $5 a board.  Minimum is 10 boards.
Pages: 1 2 3