PINE64

Full Version: News: Pinebook faulty keyboard replacement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So Pine64 Support had promised me a replacement for the faulty Pinebook keyboard.

Many weeks ago, they assured me a new bottom case with keys and connectors would be shipped "soon".

Yesterday the postman thrust into my hands a large very well packaged item from China.

Surprising, as I hadn't received any tracking details by email - so I wasn't even expecting the parcel yet.

The label on the outside stated "From vickyzhu, Pine64" and declared the contents to be "Pinebook keybook [sic] with bottom case".

I very, very carefully opened the padded parcel and found a hardened plastic case just like the complete Pinebooks themselves ship in.

Inside that was another padded parcel in which there was ....

A top case LCD panel!

Nice, but not what was required for a faulty keyboard replacement!

Anyone else experienced this?

Pine64 Support have so far not responded.
(09-28-2017, 03:30 AM)Pagliacci Wrote: [ -> ]So Pine64 Support had promised me a replacement for the faulty Pinebook keyboard.

... <snip> 

Inside that was another padded parcel in which there was ....

A top case LCD panel!

holy cow;

... well, hold onto it -- cause its the last one in the world !   ... the LCD is out-of-stock now and Pinebook shipments are hold up until more LCD panels are available. 

There is a significant language barrier between most of the world and China;  bare with them guys, it will all get sorted out sooner or later.  Someday, you'll even see the humor in this;

Tongue
(09-28-2017, 02:23 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: [ -> ]... well, hold onto it -- cause its the last one in the world !   ... the LCD is out-of-stock now and Pinebook shipments are hold up until more LCD panels are available. 

Am I last person who got LCD screen replacement today?
(10-10-2017, 06:30 PM)BatteryDie Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-28-2017, 02:23 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: [ -> ]... well, hold onto it -- cause its the last one in the world !   ... the LCD is out-of-stock now and Pinebook shipments are hold up until more LCD panels are available. 

Am I last person who got LCD screen replacement today?

It would seem so.