PINE64

Full Version: DOA ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Originally bought my PineA64+ 2GB during the original Kick Starter campaign but took me a while to get around to opening the box - OK quite a while...

But it appears to be DOA. 

I downloaded the Debian Jessie MATE  from the 'official' website wrote it to an approved SD card, connected everything, applied power and nothing.
I checked pulled the power connection, reseated all the cables (USB - mouse/kbd, Ethernet, HDMI) and SD card, then replugged in the power and again nothing.

I rolled over the mouse and no light. Checked the keyboard caps & num lock keys and also no light.
Pulled power and swapped kbd & mouse cables, reconnected power. This time got light on mouse but nothing on kdb lock lights and still no boot.

Pulled power and again reseated all cables and SD card. Now no light on the mouse again.

All during these attempts nothing shows up on the monitor.

Ideas?

As a side note the mouse, keyboard, monitor, ethernet, etc. are all used frequently when working with my Raspberry Pi boards, so not a kbd / mouse / monitor / enet cable problem.
You will want to get yourself a serial console cable to debug this machine.  You will be able to see the uboot messages on the serial console, as well be able to logon after bootup.

Often the Pinea64 is booting but hdmi problem prevents seeing it on the monitor;  usually our problems are with crappy SD cards, or poor power supply;  do not use a charger !   5v @ 2500ma   2.5A

Samsun class 10 Evo Plus  32G   cards  ;   check with  f3 for linux.

meet us online at irc address below for Q&A
Tried to connect to the chat server and my client (limeChat) will not connect.
Tried to ping the ip nslookup returns and get no response to pings.
traceroute - same results - aan't find the chat server.
Of course icmp responses could be turned off at the server / router so ???

I am using a CanaKit 5V 2.5A power supply I have used on other projects (Raspberry PI 3)

I will try buying a new SD card tomorrow, but BX is rather limited on what they carry. Will shoot for a better grade San Disk chip.
(09-04-2017, 12:38 PM)msargent Wrote: [ -> ]Tried to connect to the chat server and my client (limeChat) will not connect.
Tried to ping the ip nslookup returns and get no response to pings.
traceroute - same results - aan't find the chat server.
Of course icmp responses could be turned off at the server / router so ???

I am using a CanaKit 5V 2.5A power supply I have used on other projects (Raspberry PI 3)

I will try buying a new SD card tomorrow, but BX is rather limited on what they carry. Will shoot for a better grade San Disk chip.
OK - guess it was the SD card.
Bought a new SanDisk 128GB class 10 card, flashed Debian on the new card, used the same power supply and bada-bing it works.

Now the fun begins to relearn how to load all the software I want to use this thing for... LAMP, ffmpeg, nfs, 
etc.

Which will be fun since FireFox won't run. Menu pick does nothing. Running from a commandline gets a segmentation fault.