PINE64

Full Version: pinebook xenial - module snd-usb-usx2y missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried to use pinebook as audio recording machine with a tascam US122, which works fine with most linux flavours after installing alsa-firmware package. But the linux version shipped with the pinebook (upgraded to 3.10.105-bsp-1.2-ayufan-77) lacks the module snd-usb-usx2y, so the soundcard is not recognized.

Downloading the source (alsa-driver-1.0.25+dfsg) and trying to compile (when running configure) gives
Code:
checking for directory with ALSA kernel sources... /home/richard/Downloads/alsa-driver-1.0.25+dfsg/alsa-kernel
checking for directory with kernel source... /lib/modules/3.10.105-bsp-1.2-ayufan-77/build
checking for directory with kernel build... /lib/modules/3.10.105-bsp-1.2-ayufan-77/build
checking for kernel linux/version.h ... no
The file /lib/modules/3.10.105-bsp-1.2-ayufan-77/build/include/INCLUDE_VERSION_H does not exist.
Please install the package with full kernel sources for your distribution
or use --with-kernel=dir option to specify another directory with kernel
sources (default is /lib/modules/3.10.105-bsp-1.2-ayufan-77/build).

I could not find out where to get the kernel sources or appropriate include file (version.h). So I'ld like to get some hints how to get/compile that kernel module.

Don't say pinebook is not usable for that task - I tried out with a focusrite saffire 6 USB and audacity, and that worked out of the box even with overdub in high bitrates.

Thanks for your support.

Edit: Linked ../generated/uabi/linux/version.h to /lib/modules/3.10.105-bsp-1.2-ayufan-77/build/include/linux/version.h, so configure could go on. But now it stops with "error: You have built-in ALSA in your kernel.". Does that mean I would have to compile the whole kernel by myself? I think it is not worth trying; if snd-usb-usx2y will not be included in the official kernel in the near future, I'ld have to get some standard compliant USB soundcard.