PINE64

Full Version: PXE boot w/ SPI Flash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm interested in the mid-term prospect of sopine clusters.  Trying to minimize both unit cost and deployment costs, I'd prefer not having to purchase storage for each sopine compute module.  Is a solution available to a) network boot / pxe boot sopine compute modules and b) do so from just the SPI flash, with no other local storage?  Documentation and/or SPI Flash images for this welcomed.  I'd obviously need a server on the network to provide network booting resources. 

Bonus question - I've seen writings about a 7 module board being in-development for sopine.  Can an "imperfect" dev / PoC / pre-release board be purchased?
(09-03-2017, 08:09 PM)bourg Wrote: [ -> ]I'm interested in the mid-term prospect of sopine clusters.  Trying to minimize both unit cost and deployment costs, I'd prefer not having to purchase storage for each sopine compute module.  Is a solution available to a) network boot / pxe boot sopine compute modules and b) do so from just the SPI flash, with no other local storage?  Documentation and/or SPI Flash images for this welcomed.  I'd obviously need a server on the network to provide network booting resources. 

Bonus question - I've seen writings about a 7 module board being in-development for sopine.  Can an "imperfect" dev / PoC / pre-release board be purchased?

We are build up first small batch of cluster board and will be ready on next week.
It may require manual tinkering to have SPI supported in u-boot, but there are already patches present that should make it possible.

Recently I managed to build mainline u-boot with SPL and boot linux kernel over PXE, the only missing piece is SPI support in SPL here.