PINE64

Full Version: Rock64 RTL8188EU Wifi Adapter from Pine Store Tested Well
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=1014]

The pic above shows the RTL8188EU usb2.0 wifi adapter from the Pine Store.  I have been testing this $7.00 adapter for the past day;  running great ! 

This usb2.0 adapter has a fabulous adjustable external antennae and a really good signal;  connection has been solid with no drops or errors;  a really great on-on for the Rock64 !

Rolleyes
(09-03-2017, 04:28 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: [ -> ]The pic above shows the RTL8188EU usb2.0 wifi adapter from the Pine Store.  I have been testing this $7.00 adapter for the past day;  running great ! 

This usb2.0 adapter has a fabulous adjustable external antennae and a really good signal;  connection has been solid with no drops or errors;  a really great on-on for the Rock64 !

Rolleyes

Thanks on the confirmation.
I bought another one doing AC/BT at the same time with antenna since i need an external antenna for both BT and Wifi
but it seems it is not supported is there any other option like this dongle ?
I have the same setup but need instruction on activating that device. Anyone? Just thought of something. Does it need to be in the USB 2 or 3 port?
(09-18-2017, 01:34 PM)mcrognale Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same setup but need instruction on activating that device. Anyone? Just thought of something. Does it need to be in the USB 2 or 3 port?

You can see that I have the device plugged into the usb2.0 port.  Network Manager in Xenial Mate will see the device and just work;  no worries.
thank you Mark.
(09-18-2017, 05:03 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-18-2017, 01:34 PM)mcrognale Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same setup but need instruction on activating that device. Anyone? Just thought of something. Does it need to be in the USB 2 or 3 port?

You can see that I have the device plugged into the usb2.0 port.  Network Manager in Xenial Mate will see the device and just work;  no worries.

Finally got it to work. You were right it just works. Thanks a lot.
Mike Smile
(09-03-2017, 06:48 PM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-03-2017, 04:28 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: [ -> ]The pic above shows the RTL8188EU usb2.0 wifi adapter from the Pine Store.  I have been testing this $7.00 adapter for the past day;  running great ! 

Rolleyes

Thanks on the confirmation.
I wish I was having the same luck, I got the same dongle for my rock64 running debian and even though the wifi indicator shows it connected I am unable to connect with firefox or chrome to google or any site. Wired ETH0 works fine but wifi don't. lsusb shows it connected bus 004 device 002: id 0bda:8176 realtek semiconductor corp. rtl8188cus 802.11n wlan adaper. any help out there would be appreciated. Thanks.