PINE64

Full Version: Need help build Volumio Image for Rock64 with sound hat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I am trying to find or how to build a volumio image for the Rock64 4g with the added DAC addon board. I am currently using RPi 3 with HiFiBerry DAC running Volumio in my car for Very high end music competitions. I want to upgrade to the ROCK64 because of the speed and USB3 for faster read times on the attached 2TB SSD. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Alot of people reading this but no comments. Can someone possible help me in pointing me in the right direction of how to build a Volumio image for the rock 64 and where can you find all of the drivers needed.
Firstly Ge from Volumio has already gotten a board with the DAC. So rather than trying to figure it out yourself you may wish to just wait a bit for a release. Secondly, be patient - the fact that people are reading the thread and not responding means they can't help, but are interested in the subject.
(08-29-2017, 03:11 PM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]Firstly Ge from Volumio has already gotten a board with the DAC. So rather than trying to figure it out yourself you may wish to just wait a bit for a release. Secondly, be patient - the fact that people are reading the thread and not responding means they can't help, but are interested in the subject.

Thank you Luke. I want to learn so much more about this. It is an uphill battle not knowing how to compile everything.
(08-30-2017, 08:37 AM)btwozaunt Wrote: [ -> ]LukeFirstly Ge from Volumio has already gotten a board with the DAC. So rather than trying to figure it out yourself you may wish to just wait a bit for a release. Secondly, be patient - the fact that people are reading the thread and not responding means they can't help, but are interested in the subject.

Thank you Luke. I want to learn so much more about this. It is an uphill battle not knowing how to compile everything.

Yep, the first volumio with the DAC is up and running as of today. I hope to test this during the coming few days and report here when a dev version is available

-- Gé --
(09-07-2017, 04:36 AM)gkkpch Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-30-2017, 08:37 AM)btwozaunt Wrote: [ -> ]LukeFirstly Ge from Volumio has already gotten a board with the DAC. So rather than trying to figure it out yourself you may wish to just wait a bit for a release. Secondly, be patient - the fact that people are reading the thread and not responding means they can't help, but are interested in the subject.

Yep, the first volumio with the DAC is up and running as of today. I hope to test this during the coming few days and report here when a dev version is available

-- Gé --

Great news! Please make an announcement thread once you have an image to share Smile
(08-30-2017, 08:37 AM)btwozaunt Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2017, 03:11 PM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]Firstly Ge from Volumio has already gotten a board with the DAC. So rather than trying to figure it out yourself you may wish to just wait a bit for a release. Secondly, be patient - the fact that people are reading the thread and not responding means they can't help, but are interested in the subject.

Hi, there are some sources for building volumio, look at our Build Repo 
Please pay attention to the pre-requisites, to be found in the README.md. I suggest to use Debian jessie on a PC, virtual boxes are very helpful in case you do not have a dedicated linux machine. 
Another source of information is our Porting Guide, note this is fairly new and still needs a little editing.

But, as Luke already wrote, we are working on it. 
I have used community member Ayufan's repository for configuring and compiling kernel and u-boot which fits the Volumio requirements. 
The resulting image seems stable, there are still some issues with audio drivers which limit the audio formats one can play, we will unlikely release until these are resolved. 
However, a dev version for testing purposes will become available soon.

-- Gé --
@Gé, thanks on the awesome works.