PINE64

Full Version: Daughter Card SBC for P64
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I dunno if any of you remember, but in the 90's and 2k's you could buy a single-board computer that slotted into an ISA or PCI slot and acted as a very, very expensive watchdog for big servers. Well, history is repeating itself: here's a pi zero acting as a daughterboard for a pine64. Big Grin

[Image: MhtIJU.jpg]
(08-21-2017, 12:41 PM)blue Wrote: [ -> ]I dunno if any of you remember, but in the 90's and 2k's you could buy a single-board computer that slotted into an ISA or PCI slot and acted as a very, very expensive watchdog for big servers. Well, history is repeating itself: here's a pi zero acting as a daughterboard for a pine64. Big Grin

can you explain the uses of this daughter board thing.. Angel
(08-22-2017, 02:55 AM)Pushpike Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2017, 12:41 PM)blue Wrote: [ -> ]I dunno if any of you remember, but in the 90's and 2k's you could buy a single-board computer that slotted into an ISA or PCI slot and acted as a very, very expensive watchdog for big servers. Well, history is repeating itself: here's a pi zero acting as a daughterboard for a pine64. Big Grin

can you explain the uses of this daughter board thing.. Angel

He just added four more A53 cores to his PineA64 board;  the daughter card can now interact with the PineA64 (maybe) for extended SMP computing, but probably he's got monitor|watchdog in mind here;  the PI can "operate" the PineA64 directly... and there might be some interesting things one might do with that !

Depends what he does with the gpio(s) on both boards, whether they work together or not, or whether there is blue smoke and suffering.

Blush
the pi zero looks to me like it was just positioned on the pine64 for a picture. lack of solder joints.
(08-22-2017, 04:52 AM)dkryder Wrote: [ -> ]the pi zero looks to me like it was just positioned on the pine64 for a picture. lack of solder joints.

heh hehe   and you wouldn't want the 3v3 soldered anyways...  if you were really going to do this some of the underside pins would | should be cut ;  

Shy
I have no plan of powering it on, I just thought it was hilarious that it's a perfect fit. You can actually slide two zeroes on the bus if you squish em.