PINE64

Full Version: Getting the WiFi/BT Module
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, my board arrived today and I now realize I failed to order the WiFi/BT Module. Is it possible to get ahold of one of these separately ? How ?

Thanks !
(03-30-2016, 05:30 AM)patmolloy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, my board arrived today and I now realize I failed to order the WiFi/BT Module. Is it possible to get ahold of one of these separately ? How ?

Thanks !

There will be online shop but not earlier than in May.
It was discussed on this forum somewhere already.
(03-30-2016, 05:51 AM)peterz Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-30-2016, 05:30 AM)patmolloy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, my board arrived today and I now realize I failed to order the WiFi/BT Module. Is it possible to get ahold of one of these separately ? How ?

Thanks !

Ah, Ok Sad Sad
(03-30-2016, 09:19 AM)patmolloy Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-30-2016, 05:51 AM)peterz Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks !

Ah, Ok Sad Sad
There should be possible to use USB WIFI adapter and/or USB Bluetooth adapter.
But drivers might be an issue at the moment ( if you see this correct me if I'm wrong). You could do it by "attempt/mistake approach" and try several adapters but that might be more costly and lengthy than buying WiFi/BT module from online shop in May.
I tried the WiFi/BT module which is certified with Pi2 - it didnt work with this board unfortunately. If you go the Linux route, you may get more drivers - Android is an issue that way!