PINE64

Full Version: (ARCHIVED) Debian Jessie Images (3.10.102 BSP Kernel) New Release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
(06-13-2016, 08:20 AM)benpope81 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-13-2016, 06:26 AM)pribyl.tom Wrote: [ -> ]host: Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS on i686 (uname -a: Linux ip-dev-2u 3.13.0-85-generic #129-Ubuntu SMP Thu Mar 17 20:50:41 UTC 2016 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux)

target: Pine64 board with Debian Jessie

There's this, which should do the job: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/trusty/+pac...-linux-gnu

I don't have a trusty install to hand, but:
sudo apt-get install g++-aarch64-linux-gnu

If you want to build it yourself from source, I think:
sudo apt-get build-dep g++-aarch64-linux-gnu
apt-get -t trusty -b source g++-aarch64-linux-gnu

Thank you, g++-aarch64-linux-gnu works really fine.
(06-27-2016, 02:02 PM)janeku Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. I got my Pine finally Smile but without ABS Case Sad.
At start I tried images suggested by PINE but no luck. They stuck at the boot after couple of minutes.
Then I tried Jessie's image. MARVELOUS. Fast and accurate.
I managed to log in in less than minute. My USB HUB work great with this image.
I have couple of Q's here:
1. I just can't find Jessie's explanation, something about expanding space on Sd card or similar. Looks like his first post is modified since my last log in here. Is this still valid operation to be done after booting up image or it is already automated ?
2. Regarding Iceweasel as a primary browser. It crashes (close) twice since I ran image, Is it due to lack of memory (at this moment I am using Maxell 8GB card, just for testing) or it is a known bug ?
3. Received push button, should be soldered on top of board, where it says POWER (next to RESET) or should I make melting of closed holes and put through board connectors and solder them from bottom side ? I must mention that these holes are already soldered.

I am fully supporting Jessie and his work.

Now I am going to test Android images but I think I will stuck at the same place as before with other images Smile

Regards,

1. To expand the filesystem so you can access all of the space on your microSD card, run the resize_rootfs.sh script - ie. 

Code:
sudo /usr/local/sbin/resize_rootfs.sh

2. I can't help you with that one - but someone else on the forum did mention they had some issues with iceweasel crashing IIRC

3. The button is intended to be pressed onto the board from the top, and soldered on the bottom, if you intend to use it. It was left loose as some people wanted to be able to use a different button or mount it differently. 

Hope you're enjoying your new board!
ok folks

New Mate Image is Operational

https://www.pine64.pro/downloads/#Debian-Linux
nice work on new image, lenny. thanks.
Has anyone run into any issues with resizing the rootfs with the script?

Wanna find out if this is just an isolated incident or something more.

Let me know
e
(07-01-2016, 08:16 PM)lenny.raposo-pine64.pro Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone run into any issues with resizing the rootfs with the script?

hi lenny, thanks for your work on the new img(s) I have tested the base img, the xfce img, and the mate img; impressed with all three (mate and xfce are nice, really) tnx.

The resize_rootfs.sh script got broken somehow... I don't think the script changed, but something may be different in the way that grep or awk is working (don't know) but I can tell you its also intermittent. I had the problem with all three images.  

The base image set the mmcblk0p2 part2 at 3G and refused to size it higher on either a 7G nor 32G card.

The xfce image set the mmcblk0p2 part2 at 7G and refused to size it higher on the 32G card.

The mate image set the mmcblk0p2 part2 at 7G and refused to size it higher on the 32G card.

I reloaded the xfce img and retried,... and, this time it worked fine...  go figure, I don't understand.

The mate img resize_rootfs.sh never worked properly for me, as well the base img resize_rootfs.sh did not work properly for me either. I was able to get all of my cards fixed by using gparted on my Mint gnu+linux workstation. This worked for both my 8G cards and my 32G cards.

The 8G cards are older (I reformatted them before starting) and the 32G cards are new Samsung UHS-I Class 10 high performance Evo+ cards. I recorded and retried all cards and all images twice/!  same results; except that the second time on the xfce image the resize_rootfs.sh script worked fine (but that was the only time it worked for me).

marcus
When I run resize_rootfs it ran very quick. Compared to before I did not see message saying that new settings will be active after reeboting device.
I'll put output here
Is it ok if I run script again after couple of working hours ?
I will put outpu here .
(07-01-2016, 11:42 PM)janeku Wrote: [ -> ]When I run resize_rootfs it ran very quick. Compared to before I did not see message saying that new settings will be active after reeboting device.
I'll put output here
Is it ok if I run script again after couple of working hours ?
I will put outpu here .

You can run it again... won't help.

... lenny, my results were the same... ran very fast with all the wrong messages, including one that said, "nothing to be done"

tnx
it's quite alright to run it again.

sudo -i
resize_rootfs.sh
reboot

then do the follwing

df -h

and send me the output aswell as the details on the card size you have in use
Idea for upgrading Kernel: Support for HUION and some other drivers from DIGImend [/url]
[url=https://github.com/DIGImend/digimend-kernel-drivers/releases]

https://github.com/DIGImend/digimend-ker...s/releases

These drivers are implemented in Ubuntu 16.04 latest kernel .

I am waiting for this type of tablet (HUION 608N, DIGI's V6 version of driver) and looks like it will be installed on Pine64+.

Can this be done or is already done in this latest kernel version for PINE64 ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26