PINE64

Full Version: (ARCHIVED) Debian Jessie Images (3.10.102 BSP Kernel) New Release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Esteemed lenny.raposo, Forum Participants and Lurkers:
=============================================

Thank you for all the great work that is being done.  FINALLY!  We have a Desktop Environment!  I got Debian Mate up and running today (pine64-image-debianmate-31065bsp.img.xz).  I had a problem with my wireless mouse, but it was just a loose battery after banging around in my briefcase for a couple of days traveling!

As an "appliance user", I really appreciate the Mate build, especially since I mainly use Mint Mate LiveMedia from a locked (Kanguru) USB thumb drive.  So far everything I have tried has worked, but I haven't installed the wifi add-on board yet.  I'll be getting to that a little later.

Blessings in abundance, all the best, & ENJOY!
Art in Carlisle, PA USA
I finally was in the mood to investigate about pulseaudio and it turns out that the SUNXI_SOC_HDMIAUDIO driver does not work with timer scheduling from pulseaudio. So the solution is simple, disable timer scheduling in pulse and voila it works just fine. See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Audio/PositionReporting for details and how to do it.

Of course, you can just run
Code:
sudo sed -i 's/load-module module-udev-detect$/& tsched=0/g' /etc/pulse/default.pa

Reboot afterwards and pulse works just fine.
beats my solution of setting up a softvol for alsa and letting pulse take control of it
Finalized Bug Report UI & System. Activation Tonight Wink

[Image: 1.png]
[Image: 2.png]
[Image: 3.png]
[Image: 4.png]
[Image: 5.png]

All posted CONFIRMED and REPAIRED bugs will be posted to the forum for all to see through this system

Stay tuned.
BUG REPORTING SYSTEM AVAILABLE

visit http://www.pine64.pro and register to start submitting your bugs
(04-25-2016, 05:46 PM)lenny.raposo-pine64.pro Wrote: [ -> ]
BUG REPORTING SYSTEM AVAILABLE

visit http://www.pine64.pro and register to start submitting your bugs

The site looks very cool!
thanks.

btw

contact form is operational so for thsoe in the community wishing to submit tutorials, software images or just suggestions feel free to do so Wink
how to change resolution size. my monitor is not detected i cannot change. 

tv/monitor native resolution (1360x780)
(05-01-2016, 09:36 AM)tnecniv102 Wrote: [ -> ]how to change resolution size. my monitor is not detected i cannot change. 

tv/monitor native resolution (1360x780)

Please add a bug report on pine64.pro regarding this issue. It's important to add one bug report for every display of any Pine64 user that has no 1920x1080 pixel native resolution. Really important. If 1000 bug reports are written someone will eventually think about why removing documentation from OS image announcements is crap. Just kidding, that will not happen for sure.
My Jesse install does not display a cursor in shell, nano, etc. Is this a bug or (user) config issue? Not seen this elsewhere before. Also please let me know if there is another forum for this type of question.

Thanks,

Robert
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26