PINE64

Full Version: Android Images (ROCK64)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Is there no adbd? Can't connect.
So many questions in this thread. It is pathetic that the board developers and more advanced users don't or choose not to help anyone. It's just question after question after question with no response. The Rock64 has good potential for running Android, but if this shitty support keeps up, Pine64 doesn't have much hope.
(05-06-2018, 06:31 AM)Poincare Wrote: [ -> ]So many questions in this thread. It is pathetic that the board developers and more advanced users don't or choose not to help anyone.  It's just question after question after question with no response.  The Rock64 has good potential for running Android, but if this shitty support keeps up, Pine64 doesn't have much hope.

1) Shitty support ? - we've got a stock and a community build. Ayufan has been working on Linux recently ...
2) ... in part because A8 is out within the next 2 weeks.
3) Moreover, the state of stock software is down to RK not PINE64. There are many A7.1 ROMs for the RK3328 out there if you want another one ...
4) If there are no answers then it means no-one knows, doesn't know for sure, or is working on something else ... are you blaming devs and other users (who volunteer their time) for not working on something you care about? Perhaps donate to ayufan instead for offering his time on this in the first place ...
(05-06-2018, 06:52 AM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2018, 06:31 AM)Poincare Wrote: [ -> ]So many questions in this thread. It is pathetic that the board developers and more advanced users don't or choose not to help anyone.  It's just question after question after question with no response.  The Rock64 has good potential for running Android, but if this shitty support keeps up, Pine64 doesn't have much hope.

1) Shitty support ? - we've got a stock and a community build. Ayufan has been working on Linux recently ...
3) Moreover, the state of stock software is down to RK not PINE64. There are many A7.1 ROMs for the RK3328 out there if you want another one ...
4) If there are no answers then it means no-one knows, doesn't know for sure, or is working on something else ... are you blaming devs and other users (who volunteer their time) for not working on something you care about? Perhaps donate to ayufan instead for offering his time on this in the first place ...

Yes shitty, unbelievably shitty.

There are dozens of Linux builds, none of which are worth a damn for a desktop/ home theater use.
It should never have been released without a working graphical subsystem.

All but the stock build of android are uselessly unstable on my 4GB board.
The stock build does crash if I scroll too fast in Google Play music.

The stock build is unsupported by 95% of apps in the market.
Went to modify the build.prop in an attempt to fix this only to find adbd non functional.
If this is intended to be hacker friendly why not included functional adbd set to insecure mode and a tcp port by default?

Intentions were to work on porting Debian Kit to ARM64 and integrating with the stock rom, maybe converting it to run LVM later for Linux container use.
I think a hybrid GNU Linux/Android Linux could be cool and overcome many of the Mali short comings.

That said the Rock64 isn't worth the headache. I want to hack on, not against a device.
This it is getting relegated to my camp, as one of it's it's few saving grace's is HDMI without HDCP.

It's being replace with either a lepotato vs odroid c2.
Le potato is better supported by Debian and someone has already released a hybrid image in volkpc for the C2.

I regret buying this based on specs and misleading myself re mainlining. The kernel is just one part of a functional system.
I don't expect to buy another pine device.
(05-06-2018, 08:58 AM)dougunder Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2018, 06:52 AM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes shitty, unbelievably shitty.

There are dozens of Linux builds, none of which are worth a damn for a desktop/ home theater use.
It should never have been released without a working graphical subsystem.

All but the stock build of android are uselessly unstable on my 4GB board.
The stock build does crash if I scroll too fast in Google Play music.

The stock build is unsupported by 95% of apps in the market.
Went to modify the build.prop in an attempt to fix this only to find adbd non functional.
If this is intended to be hacker friendly why not included functional adbd set to insecure mode and a tcp port by default?

Intentions were to work on porting Debian Kit to ARM64 and integrating with the stock rom, maybe converting it to run LVM later for Linux container use.
I think a hybrid GNU Linux/Android Linux could be cool and overcome many of the Mali short comings.

That said the Rock64 isn't worth the headache. I want to hack on, not against a device.
This it is getting relegated to my camp, as one of it's it's few saving grace's is HDMI without HDCP.

It's being replace with either a lepotato vs odroid c2.
Le potato is better supported by Debian and someone has already released a hybrid image in volkpc for the C2.

I regret buying this based on specs and misleading myself re mainlining. The kernel is just one part of a functional system.
I don't expect to buy another pine device.

There are dozens of Linux builds, none of which are worth a damn for a desktop/ home theater use. - indisputable TRUE(openelec also is incredibly unstable)
All but the stock build of android are uselessly unstable on my 4GB board.  - indisputable TRUE(not only yours)
That said the Rock64 isn't worth the headache. - YES, but managed to found that when I had already bought it.
I regret buying this based on specs and misleading myself re mainlining. - Me as well. As you said that shouldn't have been released without working GUI
In Android 7.1.2 for RockPro64, the UI design follows standard tablet style. Both notification bar and navigation bar are there.
I saw this video and image:
https://frank-mankel.org/topic/64/android-youtube

It seems good for me to solve the issues I mentioned in Android for Rock64. (Android TV UI is really inconvenient, unfriendly to developers)
For Rock64,  The Android always use TV interface no matter t is regular image or atv image.

The only difference is --

Regular image comes with Google App Store

Atv image comes with Google Play Store

I am wondering if there is any plan to change regular image  to use standard tablet UI  interface for next release in near future?
(06-25-2018, 01:34 AM)pineadmin Wrote: [ -> ]Stock Build Android 8.1 [eMMC Boot] [20180606] Release version

Stock Build Android 8.1 [microSD Boot] [20180623] Release version

First of all thanks for the new android.

i have stock build android 8.1 microSD installed on my rock 64 (4gb).

First I tried to add my google account via the account add function. Unfortunately, this only brings you to the home screen. I made it through detours to add my google account.

However, when I opened the playstore I received the following error message:

"This version of the app is not compatible with your device.To fix this problem, go to Settings and uninstall updates for the Googe Play Store app"

however there are no updates in the google play store app that could be uninstalled.

Furthermore, 4k movies in the rkmc are no longer fluid as in the stock android 7.1.2.

I also noticed recently that the entire system does not seem to run so smoothly. occasionally there are small hackers that did not occur in the previous versions.

are there solutions?
If you are refering to the SD version then you need to give it some time on first boot; at first its quite laggy. Haven't tried the eMMC version.
And yes, the Playstore doesn't work. I can recommend aptoide as an altenative app store (just make sure to only install apps with the green shield symbol).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8