PINE64

Full Version: Pinebook wont boot from eMMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I installed Xenial image on my Pinebook. Ran updates, followed the directions here for increasing the speaker volume. Then I installed Android 7.1 on a microSD card. My pinebook was able to boot android when SD card was inserted and it booted Xenial when SD card was not present. However, after a couple of days of use, the pinebook only shows a blank screen when I try to boot from eMMC. It still boots Android from the MicroSD fine. I do not want to go through flashing another image to the eMMC. Is there anyway revive the Xenial on eMMC?
It is theoretically possible to boot the pinebook from SD ( gnu+linux build ) and then mount the eMMC (actually should already be mounted ) and do whatever "cleanup" or fix that might be required;  only, who knows what that might be;  the eMMC image seems to be borked, and only you know what happened.

it is much easier and safer to just reload the eMMC;  its easy and painless.
(08-05-2017, 09:56 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: [ -> ]It is theoretically possible to boot the pinebook from SD ( gnu+linux build ) and then mount the eMMC (actually should already be mounted ) and do whatever "cleanup" or fix that might be required;  only, who knows what that might be;  the eMMC image seems to be borked, and only you know what happened.

it is much easier and safer to just reload the eMMC;  its easy and painless.

Thanks. I guess, I will reload the eMMC then. May be try a different OS.