PINE64

Full Version: Xenial Images (Pinebook) 0.6.2-77
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Special thanks to ayufan, Icenowy, lennyraposo, longsleep, lukasz, tkaiser, Xalius and PINE64 community contributors.

For release notes on all the Xenial Images (Pinebook) 0.6.2-77 below, please visit ayufan's GitHub.

Xenial Mate (Pinebook eMMC) 0.6.2-77
- THIS IS FOR eMMC!!!
- MD5 (XZ file): a945fa7e0e40eb6109c530d9815c20a3
- This build is based on ayufan's 0.6.2: jenkins-linux-build-pine-a64-77

Xenial Mate (Pinebook SDCard) 0.6.2-77
- THIS IS FOR SDCard BOOT!!!
- MD5 (XZ file): f7648c0a476f9b45356919f6ce5bac7c

Xenial Minimal Image (Pinebook SDCard) 0.6.2-77
- MD5 (XZ file): 747f0833dd35969de499d081009ed7ae

i3 (Pinebook SDCard) 0.6.2-77
- MD5 (XZ file): 11d8f75be9a1b337a27041a9ee7b55a6
Hello Pine-users.
I 've installed this new version. Really more quick. I hope that it will more stable than the next one.
I have a question : is there anybody knows how to install a new theme not in mate tweak ?
For example OS X theme.

Thanks.
(08-03-2017, 07:39 AM)jmbernabotto Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Pine-users.
I 've installed this new version. Really more quick. I hope that it will more stable than the next one.
I have a question : is there anybody knows how to install a new theme not in mate tweak ?
For example OS X theme.

Thanks.

You should probably start here. Some - if not most themes - require you to add a PPA and then you just install it from the terminal.
IIRC the most recent update to Mate added support for GTK3 - so this may work.

I'm sure a google search of GTK2 or Mate OSX theme will turn up a lot of options.
(08-03-2017, 11:26 AM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]
For example OS X theme.

Thanks.

You should probably start here. Some - if not most themes - require you to add a PPA and then you just install it from the terminal.

I'm sure a google search of GTK2 or Mate OSX theme will turn up a lot of options.

OK, thanks Luke, but when I try to install ppa, I have this reply : commande introuvable (in french) !
(08-03-2017, 02:30 PM)jmbernabotto Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2017, 11:26 AM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]
For example OS X theme.

Thanks.

OK, thanks Luke, but when I try to install ppa, I have this reply : commande introuvable (in french) !

Since this is a bit off-topic for this thread, please PM me with the theme you are interested in and I will help you out. Alternatively catch me in the IRC.
I just received a 14inch pinebook and installed this image to a micro SD card to try it out. After a few days, it seems quite stable. I plan to install the 64GB eMMC module and update it to this image later in the week.
Is there anything we need to know before attempting to update kernel, etc. using the provided shell scripts?
Code:
sudo ./pine64_update_kernel.sh 0.6.2
sudo ./pine64_update_uboot.sh 0.6.2
sudo ./pine64_update_package.sh 0.6.2
(08-18-2017, 11:16 AM)robbiemacg Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anything we need to know before attempting to update kernel, etc. using the provided shell scripts?
Code:

When updating to 0.6.2 ? no, not really. Its a release image so you shouldn't run into any unforeseen issues.
(08-18-2017, 12:19 PM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2017, 11:16 AM)robbiemacg Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anything we need to know before attempting to update kernel, etc. using the provided shell scripts?
Code:

When updating to 0.6.2 ? no, not really. Its a release image so you shouldn't run into any unforeseen issues.

Thanks for the swift reply. That was easy and without incident.
Hope I'm not jumping the gun too far, but will you guys be building a Bionic build for Pinebook?

If there's a testing image I'd happily help out in providing feedback!

Edit: Noticed that Ubuntu MATE claim they're aiming to release their ARM build by July, definitely jumped the gun!
Pages: 1 2