PINE64

Full Version: Microphone specs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I happened upon the Rock64 whilst looking for a better sound solution for a project I'm trying to get working with a Pi3. I need to record ultrasound through an electret mic with at least 192kHz sampling rate and there only sound cards for the Pi which reached 192kHz are no longer available. Whilst most mics aren't spec'd to record that high they some will apparently pick up such sound reasonably well.
I see that the Rock64 has an on board microphone - what is the maximum sampling rate?

I've only just got into this sort of thing so I hope my question makes sense

Thanks

Duncan
(07-24-2017, 01:14 PM)duncanh Wrote: [ -> ]Hello

I happened upon the Rock64 whilst looking for a better sound solution for a project I'm trying to get working with a Pi3. I need to record ultrasound through an electret mic with at least 192kHz sampling rate and there only sound cards for the Pi which reached 192kHz are no longer available. Whilst most mics aren't spec'd to record that high they some will apparently pick up such sound reasonably well.
I see that the Rock64 has an on board microphone - what is the maximum sampling rate?

I've only just got into this sort of thing so I hope my question makes sense

Thanks

Duncan

ROCK64 doesn't have on-board microphone.
Sorry. I meant to say microphone input through the headphone jack. So I assume it can record? Those are the specs I was after
Rock64 does not have analog microphone inputs. You can use I2S digital microphones (8 channels) though...
(07-24-2017, 04:41 PM)duncanh Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry. I meant to say microphone input through the headphone jack. So I assume it can record? Those are the specs I was after

The jack is AV jack, just like Raspberry Pi. There is no microphone in the jack.