PINE64

Full Version: Battery Issues - Nothing Else Works
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I bought a battery and installed it on my pine, but when the board isn't plugged directly into the USB Charger nothing but the most basic board functions work. Anything in the USB slot is not read, there is no audio output from the 3.5mm jack, there is no HDMI output. Is there something wrong with my board or maybe the OS, or is it so limited that my battery purchase was a total waste? I mean between this and not being able to turn the board on/off I'm about ready to ditch it and get a Raspberry Pi, which is a shame because I've wasted a lot of money at this point.

edit: I should mention I'm using the Android 5.1 LCD build, in case that's the issue. Bluetooth and WiFi do still work while on battery.
I'm not sure what is going on with the sound and HDMI, but unless you have a 512MB board (which I would think not since you're running Android), you will have a jumper near the MicroSD card slow that is labelled BAT / DC_IN. Try moving it from the DC_IN position to the BAT position... then your USB ports should work. 

Is it an official battery/holder, or one you've added on yourself? And if it's not official, how did you 'install' it? Just wondering if it has the proper three/wire interface so that the on-board power management knows to charge the battery Wink
(07-24-2017, 08:02 PM)pfeerick Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure what is going on with the sound and HDMI, but unless you have a 512MB board (which I would think not since you're running Android), you will have a jumper near the MicroSD card slow that is labelled BAT / DC_IN. Try moving it from the DC_IN position to the BAT position... then your USB ports should work. 

Is it an official battery/holder, or one you've added on yourself? And if it's not official, how did you 'install' it? Just wondering if it has the proper three/wire interface so that the on-board power management knows to charge the battery Wink

It's the official Pine battery and a 2GB board. I currently have it in a pretty tight case so I'll have to take it out to check the jumper you mentioned, will report back. Thanks for the suggestion
Sure enough it was the jumper, fixed everything. Thanks!