PINE64

Full Version: Would HDMI screen for Raspberry PI work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the Pinea64 4GB with the LCD screen. Unfortunately, Ubuntu doens't work with LCD, so I'm wondering if I purchase a HDMI LCD screen for the raspberry pi, would this work with the Pine??
(07-23-2017, 06:39 AM)dhewko Wrote: [ -> ]I have the Pinea64 4GB with the LCD screen. Unfortunately, Ubuntu doens't work with LCD, so I'm wondering if I purchase a HDMI LCD screen for the raspberry pi, would this work with the Pine??

PineA64 does not come in 4GB.  It works with the LCD but you have to set the variable in uEnv.txt to switch from hdmi to LCD.  If you want to use LCD, try the armbian build;  but also, you will need to set the variable to switch from hdmi to LCD mode.   A small hdmi LCD screen should work with the PineA64, but will not have touch, and should support 720p60 or 1080p60;   another option is to use a DVI monitor 1366x768 and use the hdmi--->vga adapter from the pine store.