PINE64

Full Version: Will PINE A64+ (2GB) be ever ready for the makers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(07-24-2017, 12:11 PM)martinayotte Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure you are running an Armbian image ?
Is it an old image that you've tried to upgrade or complete new image ?
What is displayed while doing "cat /etc/armbian-release" ?

It's a completely new image, downloaded from https://www.armbian.com/pine64/

As for /etc/armbian-release, it will have to wait until next week - I'm on vacation right now.
Desktop Legacy or Server Mainline ?
Because Legacy doesn't have any overlays ...
(07-24-2017, 12:24 PM)Umartinayotte Wrote: [ -> ]Desktop Legacy or Server Mainline ?
Because Legacy doesn't have any overlays ...

Desktop Legacy... Ah, I wish Documentation mentioned something about missing overlays! 
Thank you, I'll try Server after returning home.
In the link you provided, it is clearly mentioned :

Quote:Currently implemented only for sunxi based devices that use mainline u-boot and kernel
(07-24-2017, 12:45 PM)martinayotte Wrote: [ -> ]In the link you provided, it is clearly mentioned :

Quote:Currently implemented only for sunxi based devices that use mainline u-boot and kernel
Right, if I were a seasoned Linux expert, I would get it right away. But for a newbie like me, the esoteric connection between "sunxi", "mainline u-boot", and missing SPI support is not clear at all.
(07-24-2017, 11:43 PM)aromring Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-24-2017, 12:45 PM)martinayotte Wrote: [ -> ]In the link you provided, it is clearly mentioned :

Right, if I were a seasoned Linux expert, I would get it right away. But for a newbie like me, the esoteric connection between "sunxi", "mainline u-boot", and missing SPI support is not clear at all.
yeah. and there is no secret decoder ring either. i just want to mention that the armbian forum can at times be a good source of support also. however things can also be esoteric there as well.
Back from vacation, I went straight to https://www.armbian.com/pine64/ and downloaded the suggested Mainline Server version of Armbian (thank you). It flashed flawlessly. First boot: big "Armbian" appears in the middle of the screen plus a few scrolling messages; it gets to "Starting kernel...", the screen turns black and stays black forever...

@#$@$%@!

Nothing works on this crap!
(08-03-2017, 09:11 PM)aromring Wrote: [ -> ]Back from vacation, I went straight to https://www.armbian.com/pine64/ and downloaded the suggested Mainline Server version of Armbian (thank you). It flashed flawlessly. First boot: big "Armbian" appears in the middle of the screen plus a few scrolling messages; it gets to "Starting kernel...", the screen turns black and stays black forever...

@#$@$%@!

Nothing works on this crap!

I tried a mainline version a couple days ago, and I don't think I got *any* display output at all (another person said he got similar to you, but it was a weird resolution). However, serial/uart and SSH logins still worked, it's only the HDMI output that isn't working Wink Which is to be expected when you consider that the mainline kernel is 'experimental'.
Pages: 1 2