PINE64

Full Version: First images with DRM and Mali support for A64
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(07-22-2017, 06:30 PM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]After some mindless trial and error I got Retroarch working Smile

How did you download a core?
(07-23-2017, 10:07 AM)Wizzard Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-22-2017, 06:30 PM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]After some mindless trial and error I got Retroarch working Smile

This will install all cores. Alternatively specify core instead of *

Code:
sudo apt-get install libretro*
(07-23-2017, 01:25 PM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]

Code:

Thanks, it works. Sonic the Hedgehog running, just not so smooth like on real Sega Genesis or my PC Smile

I also wonder why even Atari 2600 games do not run smooth in full screen mode.
(07-24-2017, 01:23 AM)Wizzard Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-23-2017, 01:25 PM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]

Code:

Thanks, it works. Sonic the Hedgehog running, just not so smooth like on real Sega Genesis or my PC Smile

I also wonder why even Atari 2600 games do not run smooth in full screen mode.

It takes a lot of tweaking to make everything run smoothly. If you have a Pine64 board then just try this - I did all the hard work for you. Its a heavily modified ubuntu image that launches an optimised Retroarch build on boot (note that exiting Retroarch powers down the board).
(07-24-2017, 06:51 AM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]It takes a lot of tweaking to make everything run smoothly. If you have a Pine64 board then just try this - I did all the hard work for you. Its a heavily modified ubuntu image that launches an optimised Retroarch build on boot (note that exiting Retroarch powers down the board).

I have Pinebook only, so I think I will not use this, but thanks anyway.
I wonder why is 2D graphics so slow when DRM is enabled and fast while it is disabled. I see the difference mainly when moving the windows etc. in KDE Plasma.
(07-25-2017, 01:22 AM)Wizzard Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder why is 2D graphics so slow when DRM is enabled and fast while it is disabled. I see the difference mainly when moving the windows etc. in KDE Plasma.

Yeah, I noticed that too... DRM sucks when just doing normal desktop-y stuff (there you go tkaiser... that's the benchmarking for you... it sucks :-P - and it will have to remain empirical benchmarking for now as the  tools I've tried so far don't wanna work on the pinebook) ... but now that there is a proper enable/disable script (thanks ayufan!) I'm leaving it disabled and re-enabling my nice software composition effects Wink... too many white flashing boxes and other artefacts just doing things like dragging a window or opening a caja window for me to warrant leaving it on for everyday use. But that's fine for me atm... I don't do anything that warrants needing DRM AND 'normal' 2D performance atm, so I can live with that.
Can you check how it works with fbturbo?

I would expect the performance to be roughly the same, as it doesn't really differ.
What is fbturbo?
Wizzard, since you were keen on trying retroarch on the Pinebook please run this script on a ubuntu minimal image Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8