PINE64

Full Version: I there an alternative Keyboard?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the thread says, I would like to have an alternativ eto this horrible built in keyboard on my 14" Pinebook.
I'm an i3 user on the pinebook and this keyboard is just awful Sad
It often does not recognize keystrokes and the spacebar is pretty much broken.

I was told to ask tllim if he ever comes back online in the irc, but I haven't got the chance to do so.
So, is there a way to replace the keyboard with a better alternative?
(07-12-2017, 06:05 AM)JannF Wrote: [ -> ]As the thread says, I would like to have an alternativ eto this horrible built in keyboard on my 14" Pinebook.
I'm an i3 user on the pinebook and this keyboard is just awful Sad
It often does not recognize keystrokes and the spacebar is pretty much broken.

I was told to ask tllim if he ever comes back online in the irc, but I haven't got the chance to do so.
So, is there a way to replace the keyboard with a better alternative?

Not at the present time.  The way the keyboard is made the entire lower case section would need to be replaced with the prototype keyboard module;   we are working on this, but no promises atm.

Please read this entire link:

Thank you.

PS.  Although,  when you require fast typing on the pinebook, an external keyboard can be used such as the logitech k400r or the logitech k360.  These are usb attached keyboards that are quite good and very fast;  

PSS.   I find that I am used to the keyboard after about a week of use;  the key is to hit the keys just a little slower directly in the center;