PINE64

Full Version: How do you plan to use your board?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
With all the buzz of the new board, I thought it be fun to find out what everyone plans to do with their board. I'm thinking of using it to study becoming a DBA, or retro gaming
(07-09-2017, 05:50 PM)KryPtAlIvIaN Wrote: [ -> ]With all the buzz of the new board, I thought it be fun to find out what everyone plans to do with their board. I'm thinking of using it to studying becoming a DBA, or retro gaming

One 2GB board for ATV  

One 2GB board for OMV 

One 4GB board for Linux and messing around
Taking over the world

Mostly messing around, but also helping develop software for it. Smile
I will run it as a web server in my basement. It will also act as my primary python development platform as well although I could dedicate an A64+ to that.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Totally an engieering plaything right now;

... working on the gpio model for user space atm;  and my gpio breakout cable.
Its good to see everyone using their boards for different things.

The other day, my girlfriend and I were talking about free time when we were younger. Seems like as a kid/ teenager free time was endless. Back in the day I would Study/Tinker and play games all evening. Now, after I get done with things that need to be done around the house, I look down and then back up at the clock and its bedtime Wink
For me the most important features are the I/O capabilities with USB3 and GbE, so I think I will try some microserver use cases...
Some people interest on 4GB board for docker.
4GB = docker (microserver) / OMV
2GB = OMV & ATV
1GB = MQTT & node-red, low bandwidth MySQL (and hopefully NRF24L01 gateway).
Did order the 4GB edition.

I like to try run Proxmox on it, see or it is possible to run 3-4 VM´s at the same time.
Pages: 1 2 3