PINE64

Full Version: Possible to Run This OS Without a Google Account?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since Google is the new evil empire out to destroy privacy, I refuse to feed my data into their gaping maw. On the downside, Android is a good OS and I'd like to play with it if possible.

So, will it be possible to run Remix OS without a Google account? I can get apps from the Amazon appstore other such places, I just wanted to make sure that Remix doesn't require an account (like JoliOS does).

Thanks for any info you've got on this.
(03-19-2016, 06:52 AM)Akazungu Wrote: [ -> ]Since Google is the new evil empire out to destroy privacy, I refuse to feed my data into their gaping maw. On the downside, Android is a good OS and I'd like to play with it if possible.

So, will it be possible to run Remix OS without a Google account? I can get apps from the Amazon appstore other such places, I just wanted to make sure that Remix doesn't require an account (like JoliOS does).

You can run Remix OS without log into Google account.
(03-19-2016, 08:31 AM)tllim Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2016, 06:52 AM)Akazungu Wrote: [ -> ]Since Google is the new evil empire out to destroy privacy, I refuse to feed my data into their gaping maw. On the downside, Android is a good OS and I'd like to play with it if possible.

You can run Remix OS without log into Google account.
Way cool, thank you.
You could but becareful of downloading odd ball apks plus it's 2016 your piracy is already comprised in some form so enjoy your quest.
(03-24-2016, 09:00 AM)GoZone Wrote: [ -> ]You could but becareful of downloading odd ball apks plus it's 2016 your piracy is already comprised in some form so enjoy your quest.

Heh, "piracy," I like it. But you are of course, correct. It's just a matter of degree at this point, and voting with my dollars (by not supporting anti-privacy companies).

Yes you are more than welcome to try the image I posted here in another thread which is using Amazon App Store or you can try several other app stores like CNET etc... several are out there but the most controlled and protected are Amazon, CNET and Google.