PINE64

Full Version: About the Pinebook - What to expect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(04-27-2017, 05:41 AM)Pirolocito Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2017, 05:31 AM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2017, 01:42 AM)thossapit Wrote: [ -> ]I got pinebook 11" on 22 April.
My pinebook is flashing screen on ubuntu but not on android.

Pinebook 11" - problem flashing screen

watch video on this link

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6M49I...UNYZDk5YWM
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6M49I...mRUWndHdEU
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6M49I...DdBSjk4V1k

I can confirm that the issue is software related. Will keep you posted. Also, apparently affects only 11" units

Luke, what is the affected module? for me to take a look.

No clue. I just installed ayufan's Android 7.1 on an SD - no issues; perfectly clear screen. Will now install the 14" image on it and see if something will change  - will keep you posted. 
edit: the 14" image version makes no difference.
(04-25-2017, 01:19 PM)ta2025 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-24-2017, 10:50 AM)bergera Wrote: [ -> ]Just received the shipment notification for my 11" should have it by the end of the week.

When did you get your BTO?  

I got mine a couple of weeks ago for the 11" and I havent heard anything after replying.

Sent my reply on April13th and I think I paid the same day or the day after
(04-26-2017, 03:04 PM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]Pirolocito,
Glad to hear. Do share a link to your website Wink

LordSuricato,
What did DHL do ?

Problems with the DHL dispatcher. Nothing serious. After one day of use I am very happy with the Pinebook 14. Waiting for the update of Ubuntu Mate! Pinebook needs the images that has pine64 + to be really great. 
Got mine today, looks great from what I can see so far!
As written in IRC, since firefox kinda ....

You can try Chromium 59

Use this build https://launchpad.net/~osomon/+archive/u...d/12469594

and run it with chromium-browser --disable-seccomp-filter-sandbox
(04-27-2017, 05:00 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: [ -> ]The 14"  does not appear to have this problem at all;  ubuntu image is clear, distinct, and bright;  no flashing issues and no artifacts on the screen.

The issue is screen tearing. Try dragging a window around the screen, and look for the tears on the left and right sides of the window. Other than that, which has to simply be a configuration issue (maybe a missed setting for fbturbo or something), the LCD image is perfect.
(04-27-2017, 05:11 AM)ta2025 Wrote: [ -> ]I received my invitation for the 11" on April 26 and promptly paid for it via paypal and got an order confirmation.

Today, on the 27th I got a message that the 11" are out of stock but it appears to be a general message.   Does this mean that there is an 11" model with my name on it already in the queue or does this mean that I didn't make the cutoff and I need to reorder a 14" model?

Thanks!

Can anyone chime in on this?   I don't want to be rude, but I emailed sales@ and no one has responded yet and according to the email, there is a 1 week window to make a decision.
(04-27-2017, 11:47 PM)pfeerick Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2017, 05:00 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: [ -> ]The 14"  does not appear to have this problem at all;  ubuntu image is clear, distinct, and bright;  no flashing issues and no artifacts on the screen.

The issue is screen tearing. Try dragging a window around the screen, and look for the tears on the left and right sides of the window. Other than that, which has to simply be a configuration issue (maybe a missed setting for fbturbo or something), the LCD image is perfect.

The 14" display does NOT have the artifacts on the screen; nor does the display flash (unlike lukasz' 11" display);  however,  I can confirm that whay lenny and pfeerick are calling "tearing" does appear on the 14" display ( the one I have ).  If, for instance, I open the calculator app and then drag the window around the screen (as Pete suggests) the left and right edges of the calculator app appear to break apart randomly at the edges until the motion subsides.
... and further to what Mark said, we know this is software related, because it doesnt happen on android.
My 11" arrived today. I'm burnt after two days course and three days conference, so I'll post more later this weekend.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15