PINE64

Full Version: About the Pinebook - What to expect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
I just bought a couple of matching car adapters from AliExpress with 5V/3A and the barrel plug...

https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/0.ht...2611430732

Edit (pfeerick): I think you meant to give this link, the other one was the link to your order page! Wink https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Power-Ad...30732.html
(06-19-2017, 09:32 AM)xalius Wrote: [ -> ]I just bought a couple of matching car adapters from AliExpress with 5V/3A and the barrel plug...

I'll be curious to know how you go... I dubious about stability of those small car converters, but then, again, I'm used to the power train from 1970/1980s vehicles, which would put the 10v to 40v that the automotive grade power regulators are supposed to handle to the test a times :-O (crazy wiring harnesses, long leads where they really weren't needed and trusty alternator livening things up, and zero power filtering... cigarette socket was exactly that... for cigarettes Wink )
(06-19-2017, 06:48 PM)pfeerick Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-19-2017, 09:32 AM)xalius Wrote: [ -> ]I just bought a couple of matching car adapters from AliExpress with 5V/3A and the barrel plug...

I'll be curious to know how you go... I dubious about stability of those small car converters, but then, again, I'm used to the power train from 1970/1980s vehicles, which would put the 10v to 40v that the automotive grade power regulators are supposed to handle to the test a times :-O (crazy wiring harnesses, long leads where they really weren't needed and trusty alternator livening things up, and zero power filtering... cigarette socket was exactly that... for cigarettes Wink 
Me too;   That's why I always put a PI filter on mine;  the CPT converter works well (filtered).  It really comes down to what kind of ripple the converter has (also spikes, other spurious noise) and whether the PI filter is designed effectively to remove the ripple.  It also depends on the vehicle being used;  some vehicles are inherently noisier than others;  I had a Ford pickup (F150) a few years back that you could hear (from EFI) coming two blocks away;  its alternator was fierce!. My Chevy 1500 Silverado today is really pretty good; very quite.
Hello,

I've received my pineboox 14" earlier this week and I'm loving it! I removed the default desktop environment and use lxqt instead. However, I am not able to change the screen brightness. Does anyone have any advice on how to change the screen brightness?
I am using mate on my 11" and an panel applet does the trick

Gesendet von meinem Xperia Z3C mit Tapatalk
(06-23-2017, 08:43 AM)schultheiss Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I've received my pineboox 14" earlier this week and I'm loving it! I removed the default desktop environment and use lxqt instead. However, I am not able to change the screen brightness. Does anyone have any advice on how to change the screen brightness?

Dont know the DE, but I read though a few posts over at manjaro and it seems there should be a brightness slider under power settings applet (battery ?). Otherwise you'll have to do it from terminal ...
(06-23-2017, 11:08 AM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]

Dont know the DE, but I read though a few posts over at manjaro and it seems there should be a brightness slider under power settings applet (battery ?). Otherwise you'll have to do it from terminal ...

Here's what happens when I try to set the brightness via the console:

Code:
pine64 in ~ ➤ xbacklight -50

No outputs have backlight property

Any ideas?

P.S: why can I only post one message per day? It's not like this forum has thousands of new subscribers every day and you need to limit how many messages they can post to avoid chaos?
(06-24-2017, 11:14 AM)schultheiss Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-23-2017, 11:08 AM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]

Here's what happens when I try to set the brightness via the console:

Code:
pine64 in ~ ➤ xbacklight -50

No outputs have backlight property

Any ideas?

P.S: why can I only post one message per day? It's not like this forum has thousands of new subscribers every day and you need to limit how many messages they can post to avoid chaos?

Brightness settings are in /sys/class/backlight/lcd0

Perhaps reading this will help. 

Regarding your question about limits to posting - read forum rules. In short, you will be soon able to post as much as you please ... 3 day rule to prevent spam.
(06-24-2017, 12:56 PM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]Brightness settings are in /sys/class/backlight/lcd0

Perhaps reading this will help. 

Regarding your question about limits to posting - read forum rules. In short, you will be soon able to post as much as you please ... 3 day rule to prevent spam.

Hi again, thanks for the link, I'm able now to set the brightness via the terminal!

As for the rule, I'll be patient then.  Angel
Hello Luke!!!

Fantastic effort your guys put into this!!! Just love it!!!
Would it be possible to elaborate into pine64 vs pinebook PCB?

Thanx
//Fred
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15