PINE64

Full Version: Pine A64+ won't boot?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pine A64+ 1GB backer here. Received my board today.

Downloaded PhoenixCard 3.10, and "Android Image Release 20160216" (Pinea64_android_lollipop_db1000_20160216.zip).

Burned the sun50iw1p1_android_db1000_uart0_0216.img using PhoenixCard in "Startup!" mode.

The board boots and shows a logo for a few seconds, but then shuts down.

I also tried android_dd_20160112.zip and wrote android_20160112.img using dd to the microSD card, but the same thing occurs. It shows the startup logo, but then the power LED turns off.

Is my board dead?

[Image: 0O1NZvj.png]
Which power supply are you using?
(03-14-2016, 11:12 PM)minutesgrep Wrote: [ -> ]Is my board dead?

Most probably the resistance of the USB cable you use to power the board is too high. Try it with a different cable and another PSU if possible.
Make sure that there is nothing but the power supply and video out cables in the Pine. If you're running Android with a keyboard/mouse plugged in it won't boot, from my experience.
(03-15-2016, 05:21 AM)pine.tree Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure that there is nothing but the power supply and video out cables in the Pine. If you're running Android with a keyboard/mouse plugged in it won't boot, from my experience.

Thank you for the heads-up. Will keep this in mind when I get my Pine. I allso hope this bug get fixed in future release of the Android image.
I believe it is an issue with power supply and has nothing to do with the android image.
1. Make sure you use good power supply that can push out 5V 2A,
2. Use good quality short USB cable
3. Connect your peripherals via powered USB hub
So it looks like the issue was my power supply, at least as far as initial boot. I had to break out my 2A 5v adapter to get it to boot with only HDMI-out connected. It took about 10 minutes to get to the Android home menu but then crashed immediately. I power-cycled it and it booted up fine the second time. Some apps still crash randomly, but it seems to be mostly working now with a gamepad/mouse/keyboard.
If you've a PSU where you can connect cables with screws and jumper wires you can try it this way: http://linux-sunxi.org/File:Pine64_Power...nector.jpg

(you don't need two cable pairs, one is enough -- I already tested really heavy workloads with the Pine powered through the Euler connector with only one Pin connected to 5V and the other to GND, see the image description). You have to take care that you don't burn your board (wrong polarity!) but if your board runs perfectly stable afterwards you know the reason why it does not now.
I'm also having this problem. I have a Raspberry Pi 2 running without a hitch off of this microusb power supply, but my Pine64 just won't boot. The image looked like it installed to the card just fine, but can't boot at all. Just get a red LED (tried all combinations of peripherals, including none at all).
(03-15-2016, 06:59 PM)Hexydes Wrote: [ -> ]I'm also having this problem. I have a Raspberry Pi 2 running without a hitch off of this microusb power supply, but my Pine64 just won't boot. The image looked like it installed to the card just fine, but can't boot at all. Just get a red LED (tried all combinations of peripherals, including none at all).

What is the voltage and amperage of the power supply? How long is the cable? How did you confirm that the image burned correctly?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6