PINE64

Full Version: Cluster Software
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A PINE64A recently arrived, so I started getting it set up for a cluster using OpenMPI or MPICH,  maybe setting up a Hadoop cluster later.
  If you use Longsleep's Ubuntu image, you can install either of the MPI libraries(OpenMPI or MPICH) from the repositories if you're not keen on compiling them from source. They both seem to be the most recent versions, so that's neat.  You might need to edit sources.list to include the universe repositories.
  I'll post details as I get more into it. Right now I've only got the one Pine so I won't be able to get much information out besides what you need and how to get it.
(03-13-2016, 01:03 AM)Madroxprime Wrote: [ -> ]A PINE64A recently arrived, so I started getting it set up for a cluster using OpenMPI or MPICH,  maybe setting up a Hadoop cluster later.
  If you use Longsleep's Ubuntu image, you can install either of the MPI libraries(OpenMPI or MPICH) from the repositories if you're not keen on compiling them from source. They both seem to be the most recent versions, so that's neat.  You might need to edit sources.list to include the universe repositories.
  I'll post details as I get more into it. Right now I've only got the one Pine so I won't be able to get much information out besides what you need and how to get it.

Hey. I have 4 boards and have started on a Hadoop cluster. I started up some documentation if you want to see it. It's still a work and progress but I will share it with you if you like.

It currently has puppet fully set up and working and I am currently troubleshooting issues with Hadoop while running teragen. I also plan on installing and configuring Slurm and OpenMPI libraries on it. It is running Debian Jessie. If you wanted to make a Hadoop cluster I could help you with my documentation.