PINE64

Full Version: Do apps run in the background at boot up?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I'm using a Pine64 2GB board and Android 6.0 20170112 16GB (rooted).  I'm trying to get a sync app to load on boot and sync with Dropbox.  It doesn't seem to work unless I manually click the app, in this case FolderSync.  I plan on using this with Video Kiosk to play video loops but I will need to remotely change the videos from time to time.  I've tried using Tasker but it didn't launch the app at boot up either.  I'm not sure Tasker started at boot up either.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Penfold
Well I have installed Gmail and Facebook on the Pine running Android and they run as expected after turning on the device. They both display notifications without having to press the icon to start it first. I also tried FolderSync on am old Galaxy S4 running 4.4.4 and it will sync after turning the phone on.
Well it works in Android 5 so I guess I'll use that. Smile
(03-03-2017, 02:13 PM)Penfold Wrote: [ -> ]Hi I'm using a Pine64 2GB board and Android 6.0 20170112 16GB (rooted).  I'm trying to get a sync app to load on boot and sync with Dropbox.  It doesn't seem to work unless I manually click the app, in this case FolderSync.  I plan on using this with Video Kiosk to play video loops but I will need to remotely change the videos from time to time.  I've tried using Tasker but it didn't launch the app at boot up either.  I'm not sure Tasker started at boot up either.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Penfold

solved the issue by downgrading back to android 5.1
i guess the android 6.0 hdmi drivers just don't work as good