PINE64

Full Version: No CEC over HDMI?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just read on another review site that the Pine64 doesn't have CEC capabilities over HDMI. Is this true? RasPi has this. Is it a hardware issue or software issue? Can I compile libcec on Pine and expect it to work?

I was planning on using Pine64 as my new media center but lack of CEC will make that a tough thing to accomplish.
(03-07-2016, 02:35 PM)utdrmac Wrote: [ -> ]I just read on another review site that the Pine64 doesn't have CEC capabilities over HDMI. Is this true? RasPi has this. Is it a hardware issue or software issue? Can I compile libcec on Pine and expect it to work?

I was planning on using Pine64 as my new media center but lack of CEC will make that a tough thing to accomplish.

From the FAQ on the Pine A64 kickstarter page:

Q: Is CEC supported on the HDMI port?

A: Yes.
(03-07-2016, 02:59 PM)SkairkrohBule Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-07-2016, 02:35 PM)utdrmac Wrote: [ -> ]I just read on another review site that the Pine64 doesn't have CEC capabilities over HDMI. Is this true? RasPi has this. Is it a hardware issue or software issue? Can I compile libcec on Pine and expect it to work?

From the FAQ on the Pine A64 kickstarter page:

Q: Is CEC supported on the HDMI port?

A: Yes.

Thanks for that. This dude's comparison page is wrong then.