PINE64

Full Version: Shipping Progress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At least you have received two emails... some of us haven't received anything at all!

As was mentioned earlier, surely we are entitled to receive an honest and comprehensive update, explaining exactly what is going on, which shipments are being held up and why.

I am sure that if backers had been told the true story, right from the start, then they would have been far more understanding, but as things stand at the moment there are still far too many 'customers' who have no idea at all when they will receive their boards and accessories.
(05-17-2016, 03:14 PM)Montala Wrote: [ -> ]At least you have received two emails... some of us haven't received anything at all!

As was mentioned earlier, surely we are entitled to receive an honest and comprehensive update, explaining exactly what is going on, which shipments are being held up and why.

I am sure that if backers had been told the true story, right from the start, then they would have been far more understanding, but as things stand at the moment there are still far too many 'customers' who have no idea at all when they will receive their boards and accessories.

The use of customers is not correct. We are Backers. Big difference and deserves honesty.
Here's what I think: in the last update, there was mention that some backers received 2 shipments, but did not notify the Pine team about it. I'm thinking these shipment belongs to you guys who have not received your rewards. Due to the error, these were sent to others instead. The Pine team should be having a hard time trying to verify these wrong shipments, and cannot give a proper update at this moment. Drop them a mail with as much details as possible, and give them some time to sort things out.

Again, this is just my thought.
Good luck to all of you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(05-17-2016, 03:14 PM)Montala Wrote: [ -> ]At least you have received two emails... some of us haven't received anything at all!

(05-17-2016, 03:22 PM)Tikimaster Wrote: [ -> ]The use of customers is not correct. We are Backers. Big difference and deserves honesty.

There sure is a difference but who do you think deserves the honesty? The Pine team or all of us funding the project?

We haven't received an official update for >2 weeks, yet you find new information on delays every couple of days by trawling the forum and KS comment section. My suggestion to and the team is to create an official update page on the Pine website and update it immediately when there is new information. There is a 'News' section on the website but it hasn't been updated since December 14th 2015!

It seems more and more people receive their boards but how many has been shipped so far? What accessories are currently in stock and which are not? When will it be back in stock? What is being done to help all those backers whose boards are lost in transport? 

I kept my order to a minimum to speed up delivery but the one accessory I added (EU Z-wave module) seems to be the last to arrive and according to , the performance is questionable. There is no information on when the Z-wave modules will be available and hence I'm still in the dark as to when I will receive my board.

I've sent and email to shipping@pine64 about my reward but honestly, I don't expect to get an answer.
(05-18-2016, 12:09 AM)bonterra Wrote: [ -> ]

(05-17-2016, 03:22 PM)Tikimaster Wrote: [ -> ]The use of customers is not correct. We are Backers. Big difference and deserves honesty.

There sure is a difference but who do you think deserves the honesty? The Pine team or all of us funding the project?

We haven't received an official update for >2 weeks, yet you find new information on delays every couple of days by trawling the forum and KS comment section. My suggestion to and the team is to create an official update page on the Pine website and update it immediately when there is new information. There is a 'News' section on the website but it hasn't been updated since December 14th 2015!

It seems more and more people receive their boards but how many has been shipped so far? What accessories are currently in stock and which are not? When will it be back in stock? What is being done to help all those backers whose boards are lost in transport? 

I kept my order to a minimum to speed up delivery but the one accessory I added (EU Z-wave module) seems to be the last to arrive and according to , the performance is questionable. There is no information on when the Z-wave modules will be available and hence I'm still in the dark as to when I will receive my board.

I've sent and email to shipping@pine64 about my reward but honestly, I don't expect to get an answer.

I was in China on last week and discussed about the ZWave module. The ZWave module (Sigma SM5304) already build but the performance still not optimize and behind theory that some parameters seems not program correctly. This programming only can be process on factory level and not on user land due to required special programmer. Frankly speaking, I hate the Sigma decision on dumping Mitsumi due to their better performance and cause this mess. If somebody interest to read the Mitsumi letter, I just attached on this thread.
I have decided with shipping facility that we will ship out the rest of the shipment first while waiting for ZWave module. Once the ZWave module been tuning, we will ship out separately.
I try my best to answer forum question but no energy and rather lets KS team to handle their jobs.
For statistic, there are more than 25,000 shipments out on pass 2 months and still 8,000 plus shipment to go. There are 30+ loss or fail to deliver cases.
Since emails have been going unanswered for months now... maybe you can answer here tllim? Can people in the Bay Area pick up their items directly, save you some money in the process and maybe get our products in a more reasonable time?
TL,        Sigma Design Is the major patent holder for Z-wave. The Z-wave Alliance is the collaboration of the manufactures who produce the Z-wave products.  The Z-wave products that are available are rather costly considering what they are. Z-wave is just another home automation protocol, it really has not grown to be dominate, (yet). I asked that question in a design class, it's  proprietary, it has lic fees to develop products and has up to now, rather  low market penetration. The transceiver module  is set to 1mw / 0db on it's ISM Band. The FCC here in the states are cracking down on routers (2.4 and 5Ghz) because of the open source projects such as DD WRT and others as people were in the code, changing it and having the transmit/receive power/sensitivity exceed the FCC mandate for those ISM bands. Now the newer routers have the firmware locked out so there is no playing with the calibration coding. Same could have been done with the Z-Wave modules and the Open Z-Wave Project (and other open source coding). This may be why you are suddenly faced with Sigma Design only and the special equip to program the chip. Certification of each chip would than be in order. Than the firmware would be locked down per the FCC request. Z-Wave may not be the only way to go. Since Google and Honeywell have settled thier disputes and NXP and Thread protocol (Google) are in the final stages with and NDA in place, the future may hold something different than Z-Wave. Within a few months you may hear about the release. Subscribe to NXP (NXPI)  RSS or Newsletter. For the time being, if you want the Z-Wave your stuck with what you are doing.  I wonder if that whole Z-Wave will go the way like X10 etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z-Wave

https://www.wired.com/2016/03/way-go-fcc...g-routers/

Should do for now
(05-18-2016, 10:44 AM)DeepBlu Wrote: [ -> ]TL,        Sigma Design Is the major patent holder for Z-wave. The Z-wave Alliance is the collaboration of the manufactures who produce the Z-wave products.  The Z-wave products that are available are rather costly considering what they are. Z-wave is just another home automation protocol, it really has not grown to be dominate, (yet). I asked that question in a design class, it's  proprietary, it has lic fees to develop products and has up to now, rather  low market penetration. The transceiver module  is set to 1mw / 0db on it's ISM Band. The FCC here in the states are cracking down on routers (2.4 and 5Ghz) because of the open source projects such as DD WRT and others as people were in the code, changing it and having the transmit/receive power/sensitivity exceed the FCC mandate for those ISM bands. Now the newer routers have the firmware locked out so there is no playing with the calibration coding. Same could have been done with the Z-Wave modules and the Open Z-Wave Project (and other open source coding). This may be why you are suddenly faced with Sigma Design only and the special equip to program the chip. Certification of each chip would than be in order. Than the firmware would be locked down per the FCC request. Z-Wave may not be the only way to go. Since Google and Honeywell have settled thier disputes and NXP and Thread protocol (Google) are in the final stages with and NDA in place, the future may hold something different than Z-Wave. Within a few months you may hear about the release. Subscribe to NXP (NXPI)  RSS or Newsletter. For the time being, if you want the Z-Wave your stuck with what you are doing.  I wonder if that whole Z-Wave will go the way like X10 etc.

Should do for now

Just for some more information... Thread will not kill zigbee, they will be able to work together.

http://staceyhigginbotham.com/zigbee-wil...-networks/
(05-18-2016, 10:40 AM)ktiedt Wrote: [ -> ]Since emails have been going unanswered for months now... maybe you can answer here tllim? Can people in the Bay Area pick up their items directly, save you some money in the process and maybe get our products in a more reasonable time?

I cannot answer for KS team on Bay Area local pick.
(05-18-2016, 10:44 AM)DeepBlu Wrote: [ -> ]TL,        Sigma Design Is the major patent holder for Z-wave. The Z-wave Alliance is the collaboration of the manufactures who produce the Z-wave products.  The Z-wave products that are available are rather costly considering what they are. Z-wave is just another home automation protocol, it really has not grown to be dominate, (yet). I asked that question in a design class, it's  proprietary, it has lic fees to develop products and has up to now, rather  low market penetration. The transceiver module  is set to 1mw / 0db on it's ISM Band. The FCC here in the states are cracking down on routers (2.4 and 5Ghz) because of the open source projects such as DD WRT and others as people were in the code, changing it and having the transmit/receive power/sensitivity exceed the FCC mandate for those ISM bands. Now the newer routers have the firmware locked out so there is no playing with the calibration coding. Same could have been done with the Z-Wave modules and the Open Z-Wave Project (and other open source coding). This may be why you are suddenly faced with Sigma Design only and the special equip to program the chip. Certification of each chip would than be in order. Than the firmware would be locked down per the FCC request. Z-Wave may not be the only way to go. Since Google and Honeywell have settled thier disputes and NXP and Thread protocol (Google) are in the final stages with and NDA in place, the future may hold something different than Z-Wave. Within a few months you may hear about the release. Subscribe to NXP (NXPI)  RSS or Newsletter. For the time being, if you want the Z-Wave your stuck with what you are doing.  I wonder if that whole Z-Wave will go the way like X10 etc.

Should do for now
Thanks on the info.