PINE64

Full Version: Shipping Progress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am really trying to understand. Really I am. I understand this is Kickstarter and when or if you get your product is a chance you take. However when you take into the fact of update after update giving false information, well this is the distracting part. Update will state all but 2 items are in stock and should ship no later than May 6. Then in the forums here it is stated over and over and many members are getting email with responses of another 2 week or the product that the update stated was in is now due in "this week".

I want to see this product do well and hope there is planning for the next version. However these IoT boards only do as well as the community that build around the product to fully support it and take it to the next level. I myself in the time waiting have embarked with the newer versions of the Pis and a few other boards because when this product was delayed over and over I still had projects planned to develop. Which means my time I wanted to be working on this board with has been allocated to several IoT board forums and not for Pine 64.

With that now off my chest what I would like to see as a Kickstarter "Investor" would be a true update with no fluff on when the items are in stock and the "real" shipping dates for the remaining KS backers. We backed in good faith to help bring this product to life for what most of us felt would fill a hole needed in the market. Please show the same faith and trust in us to keep us more up to date with honest information.
I am a 2016-01-30 (January) supporter with payment in April. I never received a survey and notified support@pine64.com with no answer.  I don't have a Pine 64 (qty 3), notifications or any kind, tracking, email, etc.  Are others lost in the shuffle?
(05-13-2016, 09:22 PM)Tikimaster Wrote: [ -> ]With that now off my chest what I would like to see as a Kickstarter "Investor" would be a true update with no fluff on when the items are in stock and the "real" shipping dates for the remaining KS backers. We backed in good faith to help bring this product to life for what most of us felt would fill a hole needed in the market. Please show the same faith and trust in us to keep us more up to date with honest information.

I would like to see this as well. I hope that at this stage they have a FAR better indication of what is left to be shipped, as it has to be winding down by now. 

The fact that some shipments are going to be at least a month later than the dates specifically stated in the last concrete shipping info posted on the updates pretty much mandates another update with best estimates on shipping.
(05-04-2016, 02:22 PM)macacob Wrote: [ -> ]I am backer #20,809.  Ordered the Pine64+ 2GB for march delivery and added on a number of items through Backerkit but none that I believe are delayed:
Additional PINE A64+ 1GB
Acrylic Open Enclosure
5V 2A Power Supply - USA
RTC Backup Battery - CR
Wifi 802.11BGN/ Bluetooth 4.0 Module

I locked my order down as soon as possible and was charged about 2 months ago and am still listed as ready to ship.  I am patient but becoming frustrated.  This is by far NOT the worst delay I have experienced from Kickstarter, (currently waiting on 1 item that was delayed 6 months and another over a year) but the communication has been poor and the back end performance when it comes to record keeping, data entry and getting things out the door is hard to describe as anything other than embarrassing.  Am I missing anything that was delayed?  What in my order is keeping my package from shipping or from getting a tracking number?  

All that said I am still hopeful for the actual board, but concerned that the bad feelings created by the process will delay the development of the type of community found around other products such as the Raspberry Pi
Since I have been vocal with my concerns I wanted to let others know that my order finally shipped.  I got my tracking number about an hour ago and it looks like it actually shipped about a week ago and is on its way to the US.   I don't know if the shipment includes everything but I will update once the package is received.  Keep hope alive!
Just received an email with tracking number. Apparently, my order was finally shipped. I'll open a bottle of champagne!
What remains to be seen is if it has been shipped partially or in its entirety. I hope the first it is the case.
You guys are lucky... mine as still saying "Ready to Ship" as it has been for goodness knows how long now!

Not that it should make any difference, but I am in the U.K rather than the U.S.A.
(05-16-2016, 03:07 PM)Montala Wrote: [ -> ]You guys are lucky... mine as still saying "Ready to Ship" as it has been for goodness knows how long now!

Not that it should make any difference, but I am in the U.K rather than the U.S.A.

I'm also in the UK and with a rather ''big'' order (March batch). I think you should expect yours to be shipped within the next few hours provided of course that you didn't have any of those add-on items that have been known to cause delays.
(05-16-2016, 03:13 PM)g_t_j Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-16-2016, 03:07 PM)Montala Wrote: [ -> ]You guys are lucky... mine as still saying "Ready to Ship" as it has been for goodness knows how long now!

I'm also in the UK and with a rather ''big'' order (March batch). I think you should expect yours to be shipped within the next few hours provided of course that you didn't have any of those add-on items that have been known to cause delays.

The two add-on items I ordered were the A.B.S enclosure, and the Bluetooth 4.0 Module, but understood that they have now agreed to send the cases separately, so was hoping that my order would not be delayed at all.

I am also in the March batch, and originally ordered a Pine A64 + 2GB board, so will therefore be keeping an even closer eye on my emails from now on!

Mine was charged on March 10 and shipped on May 11 (for a March delivery backer with non of the delayed items like the ABS case or screen).  Like many others, I expect delays with Kickstarter but was not really pleased by the inconsistent communication.  In the end, mine was shipped only about 5 days behind the schedule posted back in the April 5th Kickstarter shipping update and batch list.
February backer here, #1341. 2GB board w/Acrylic case and blank SD card. That's it.

Just now got a second email that my shipment is "scheduled" for about 2-3 weeks out from today. I guess that means if I'm lucky, I'll have it by the end of June.

Incredibly disappointed by this, especially since much later backers who also ordered 2GB boards with lots of added stuff either have their boards by now or have received ACTUAL shipping notices.