PINE64

Full Version: (ARCHIVED) Ubuntu Xenial Image (BSP Kernel)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
(05-26-2016, 12:55 AM)longsleep Wrote: [ -> ]Just run the update scripts. There are plenty of posts in this forum showing how, including the one which lists the release notes for each Kernel. http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=293

Ok i got it - you installed the lates Xenial image thinking that it also would have the latest Kernel. That is not not always the case as Kernels are released more frequently. From time to time i release a new Linux image - if required - for the Kernel or U-Boot alone i am not doing that, as those can be updated easily.

Thanks again sir, i saw the update script.

Will try them out when i get back later...

Cheers!

EDIT: Updated kernel & u-boot using update script and modprobe hfsplus works as expected.

hfsplus drive mounted successfully and have plex media up and running...
Hey there, I was wondering if there was anyway to get the stock bluetooth module working within this OS. From what I've read in other threads there is no support for the module within the kernal. Is there any workaround or will I have to try using Debian or RemixOs?

The Stock bluetooth module is very key to plans I have for the Pine64 so it must be working.
No support for bluetooth in any of my Kernel builds. If anyone wants to look into it, feel free to open up a PR on GitHub. You can also try to convince me that it is a nobrainer eg. by pointing my to the driver and your success story with it.
I just got my Pine A64+ running with the longsleep Ubuntu image (thanks!) I used tasksel to coerce my system in to a server (I don't want any GUI). After doing so, I'm hitting an error related to open-iscsi:

Jun 01 04:32:24 localhost.localdomain iscsid[6866]: iSCSI logger with pid=6867 started!
Jun 01 04:32:24 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: iscsid.service: Failed to read PID from file /run/iscsid.pid: Invalid argument
Jun 01 04:32:24 localhost.localdomain iscsid[6867]: iSCSI daemon with pid=6868 started!
Jun 01 04:32:24 localhost.localdomain iscsid[6867]: can not create NETLINK_ISCSI socket
Jun 01 04:32:24 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: iscsid.service: Daemon never wrote its PID file. Failing.
Jun 01 04:32:24 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Failed to start iSCSI initiator daemon (iscsid).
-- Subject: Unit iscsid.service has failed
-- Defined-By: systemd
-- Support: http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/lis...temd-devel
--
-- Unit iscsid.service has failed.
--
-- The result is failed.

I tried updating the kernel (pine64_update_kernel.sh and pine64_update_uboot.sh) but so far that hasn't helped. Is there a kernel module related to netlink that needs to be built?
I highly doubt you use any image of mine if you had to remove any gui. I never built an image with a gui. Anyhow - what kernel version are you running? Check with 'uname -a'.
Welp. I don't know then - this is the link I used: http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pine_A6..._by_Pine64

It sure had XFCE by default.

Regardless, it's kernel 3.10.101-4-pine64-longsleep #51 SMP PREEMPT
(06-01-2016, 12:28 AM)jdt Wrote: [ -> ]Welp. I don't know then - this is the link I used: http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pine_A6..._by_Pine64

It sure had XFCE by default.

Regardless, it's kernel 3.10.101-4-pine64-longsleep #51 SMP PREEMPT

I think "based_on" might tell a story.

You might be better starting with the official longsleep release from github and trying from there.

I don't know what the iscsi thing is, or why you're having issues with it, or why you'd need it. Start from the source of truth and ask question from there.

Good luck.
(06-01-2016, 09:34 AM)benpope81 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what the iscsi thing is, or why you're having issues with it, or why you'd need it. Start from the source of truth and ask question from there.

Good luck.

Respectfully, it's rational to assume that the manufacturer of a hardware platform is an appropriate "source of truth" for that platform.

I'll download the image from the OP on this thread and try that. I don't see any images in Github (I see build scripts and ancillary components, but not the actual image: https://github.com/longsleep/build-pine64-image).

iscsi is a network block storage service. It's apparently a default component of the Ubuntu server build.

I also do use it (to mount volumes from my NAS on my virtualization hosts) so it's something that I hope I can get operational.
(06-01-2016, 10:09 AM)jdt Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-01-2016, 09:34 AM)benpope81 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what the iscsi thing is, or why you're having issues with it, or why you'd need it. Start from the source of truth and ask question from there.

Good luck.

Respectfully, it's rational to assume that the manufacturer of a hardware platform is an appropriate "source of truth" for that platform.

I'll download the image from the OP on this thread and try that. I don't see any images in Github (I see build scripts and ancillary components, but not the actual image: https://github.com/longsleep/build-pine64-image).

iscsi is a network block storage service. It's apparently a default component of the Ubuntu server build.

I also do use it (to mount volumes from my NAS on my virtualization hosts) so it's something that I hope I can get operational.

My apologies for my abruptness in my previous post and following; it's not intended to offend, I just have a preference for bullet points than prose.

IMHO it is inappropriate to expect the manufacturer of a very cheap development SBC to be the point of any truth. But that's relative. I get that. I do believe the Pine64 was mis-sold in that regard.

I'm aware of what iscsi is (I know, I exaggerated), and to some extent, how the kernel interface has been abused.

Anyway, moving on, I suspect you'll have better luck with the image in the OP (I'm glad you found it, regardless of my inadvertent misdirection).

Please do ask further specific questions here, or in a new thread if appropriate. There are plenty of guys here smarter than me in this particular arena, but if I can, and I find the time, I am happy to help.

However, if your question is about something like accessing a NAS, you may find askubuntu or serverfault pretty useful resources.

Good luck (not sarcastically).
Well, i guess my Kernel builds miss something for iSCSI to work. As all Linux images seem to use my Kernel builds none will work. Feel free to open up a PR on GitHub which adds the missing Kernel bits to the configuration.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34