PINE64

Full Version: Lithium Polymer Battery USA / CERTAIN EUROPE COUNTRIES ONLY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, looks like it isn't an accident. Tl just replied indicating that it is due to the ongoing issues with posting lithium batteries on their own.

I guess they're having fun working with the logistics companies to organise alternative arrangements, or will have to put it in the too hard basket for now. Other companies that have worked around this issue are using shipping firms that do bulk deliveries via their own network, and then let the domestic postal service do the final leg. However, that is probably too big a hurdle for pine64 at this stage, as it is an added expense that just isn't viable if they aren't shipping high enough volumes.
(08-24-2016, 03:10 AM)pfeerick Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, looks like it isn't an accident. Tl just replied indicating that it is due to the ongoing issues with posting lithium batteries on their own.

I guess they're having fun working with the logistics companies to organise alternative arrangements, or will have to put it in the too hard basket for now. Other companies that have worked around this issue are using shipping firms that do bulk deliveries via their own network, and then let the domestic postal service do the final leg. However, that is probably too big a hurdle for pine64 at this stage, as it is an added expense that just isn't viable if they aren't shipping high enough volumes.

Is there another battery I could get at my local microcenter or anywhere else online that will work?  If you can provide links I would greatly appreciate it, this is my first dive into hobby computing.  I got the Playbox Kit and would love to be able to throw a battery in there as the enclosure has room for one.
Pages: 1 2