PINE64

Full Version: USB cable to power device
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(02-26-2016, 01:19 PM)Ghost Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-26-2016, 01:03 PM)Ron Piggott Wrote: [ -> ]What is the USB cable that I need to power the Pine64?  Is it a USB mini?  Ron

Micro USB, connected to a 5 volt 2 amp power source.

Hi im kinda new ro this. 
What will be the effexts of using a 3 amp power source? 
Because i have the intention of plug in a hard drive to the pine, so i dont know if 2 amps will be enough. 
Or do u recomend using a port multiplier with its own power source? ¿

Thanks in advance
Hello Smile

Just a little piece of advice - it's best to buy thick - e.g. 20AWG - cables. Even if you have the right power supply thin cables can, potentially, cause problems (particularly under load). I might add that things get worse the longer the cable is - so if you require a long cable its safe to go with 20AWG.

For a technical exploitation of why this is the case please see: http://goughlui.com/2014/10/01/usb-cable...ging-slow/

Hope this helps!
If you're going to build a cluster you might consider re-purposing a PC power supply or using a single high amperage power supply to power it rather than a collection of wall pods, this will allow you to customize the power set up and add control.
Pages: 1 2