PINE64

Full Version: Android 6.0 Tablet and TV (release candidate, maintained)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
(11-26-2016, 03:15 AM)ayufan Wrote: [ -> ]Based on my work for Android 7.0 (http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=2136) I did downgrade to 6.0.

Download: https://github.com/ayufan-pine64/android-6.0/releases

It takes about 10 minutes for first boot to finish.

Report all issues here: https://github.com/ayufan-pine64/android-6.0/issues

What does work?

It seems to work nicely and be more responsive then 7.0 build.

Widevine DRM L3 does work, so you should be able to use Netflix.

It also allows you to update SuperSU binary, so rooting is OK too.

What does not?

- So far it seems to be OK.

This is alpha build, so do not complain Smile

If something doesn't work:
- try to see logs (adb logcat, adb shell dmesg),
- try to compile and fix it by yourself,
- when you find solution create a Pull Request for one of this repositories: https://github.com/ayufan-pine64/

How to compile?

https://github.com/ayufan-pine64/local_m...arshmallow

You can also see my Jenkins compilation script:
https://github.com/ayufan-pine64/android...enkinsfile

Download:

https://github.com/ayufan-pine64/android-6.0/releases

Install:

The builds are designed to be used with Pine A64 1GB or 2GB on at least 4GB sdcard.

Use Etcher to write images: https://www.etcher.io/

The build automatically resize data partition on first boot to use sdcard space.

LCD:

To enable LCD, edit uEnv.txt from BOOT partition and uncomment:
Code:
pine64_lcd=on

HDMI resolution:

Edit uEnv.txt and select one. You can find all supported in uEnv.txt:

Code:
disp_mode=1080p60

Ethernet speed:

Edit uEnv.txt and select desired speed, by default it uses auto-negotiation.
For example to limit to 100Mbps:

Code:
eth0_speed=100

Google Apps:

Android Regular and TV already has Google Apps installed.

7.0 takes about 10 minutes too, but WHY use 6.0 instead of 7.0??

(11-26-2016, 12:41 PM)mhump711 Wrote: [ -> ]first off,  great work, haven't really come across any issues.

except.... when I search for netflix in the play store I am not able to find it. I live in the US if that matters.

will downloading the apk be the only way to get it on?

Netflix still does no work, they keep changing their interface making it probably one of the last items to get supported along with some Google apps since they apparently changed their headers again, or so I have heard.

(11-28-2016, 05:54 PM)trenton4k Wrote: [ -> ]on 0.3.0: jenkins-android-6.0-pine-a64-13 i can see gpu info on Kodi
(11-28-2016, 01:02 PM)wappi Wrote: [ -> ]Works really nice. Only I have recognized that H.265 streams are not working with Kodi (I have only tested TV version). It was working with Android 7 release.  Seems that Kodi can not identify GPU.

MXPlayer works for both H.264 and H.265 so long as you us HW but not HW+, VLC works but not for Flash Videos.

(11-29-2016, 10:08 AM)ayufan Wrote: [ -> ]It should work, but use 4Kp24.

Yep, the Pine only has HDMI 1.4 outputs not HDMI 2.0 outputs thus no 60 Hz support is possible.  Same for the Udoo if it ever comes out.

(11-30-2016, 11:27 AM)tommypine Wrote: [ -> ]I can't access Videos located on a USB-Stick with Kodi. The Stick dosen't show up. With ES File Explorer i can access them.
If i click on them in ES then i can play them in Kodi, but i can't add it as video source. Any help?

It's a KODI problem.  It is not the only player that lacks the ability to set where to look for videos.
Hello!
Brand new to Pine64 user community. Bought the board many months ago, but havent used it until now.

Just installed this android 6.0 image today, but I noticed that everything is really slow. 5-10 seconds reaction time for each command. Like Open Chrome app, Play store app, download app, or actually anyhing at all.
Is this normal? Using ethernet cable, but still download speeds are incredibly slow...
My TV remote has no effect on the android interface at all. HDMI-CEC not working with Samsung tvs?
(12-20-2016, 06:08 PM)corb06 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello!
Brand new to Pine64 user community. Bought the board many months ago, but havent used it until now.

Just installed this android 6.0 image today, but I noticed that everything is really slow. 5-10 seconds reaction time for each command. Like Open Chrome app, Play store app, download app, or actually anyhing at all.
Is this normal? Using ethernet cable, but still download speeds are incredibly slow...
My TV remote has no effect on the android interface at all. HDMI-CEC not working with Samsung tvs?
https://github.com/ayufan-pine64/android.../tag/1.0.2
older one dont have the fix
it have a ethernet for GbE fix i am using this one

The Pine64 A+ is a really slow computer.   It like an old Galaxy Tab 2 or some lame crap.  Ethernet should work IF you are using the latest builds.  The LCD screen lights up but only work with the non-TV builds.  Neither 6.0 not 7.0 seems to support USB devices.
Hey Ayufan - thanks for the great work on this 6.0 build! Is there any possibility to expand/improve HDMI CEC compatibility?
(12-18-2016, 02:12 PM)ayufan Wrote: [ -> ]sriva63: use different SD card.
Hi ayufan.

I've just tested a new SD card 32G but the behaviuor is still the same.
Launching google play after some times I received message that play store isn't responding.

Recalling network config menu it is very slow. I'm using your last version

android-6.0-pine-a64-tv-v1.0.2-r21.img.gz

Do you have any suggestion ?
> I've just tested a new SD card 32G but the behaviuor is still the same.

What kind of card? Different cards have different parameters, where most of them are simply slow with random I/O.

I tested a few cards, and only Mezzo / Samsung EVO/+ was giving me consistently good responsivity.

> Is there any possibility to expand/improve HDMI CEC compatibility?

I'm waiting for some feedback from tllim.

> The Pine64 A+ is a really slow computer.

It is not the fastest, but it works well for most of workloads, like watching movies, using TV, and similar.

> Neither 6.0 not 7.0 seems to support USB devices.

Hmm, a number of users use Kodi with USB. I personally use USB keyboard, mouse and GamePad to control my pine. I tested a few USB devices also fine.
There were no version that USB would not work.

> 7.0 takes about 10 minutes too, but WHY use 6.0 instead of 7.0??

Because 6.0 is more compatible and simply faster, because of that.

On 6.0 you should be able to use tablet version of Netflix as it also supports Widevine DRM L3.

The HDMI-CEC not working on all equipment is known issue that is no solved yet.

(12-21-2016, 04:39 PM)ayufan Wrote: [ -> ]> I've just tested a new SD card 32G but the behaviuor is still the same.

What kind of card? Different cards have different parameters, where most of them are simply slow with random I/O.

I tested a few cards, and only Mezzo / Samsung EVO/+ was giving me consistently good responsivity.

> Is there any possibility to expand/improve HDMI CEC compatibility?

I'm waiting for some feedback from tllim.

> The Pine64 A+ is a really slow computer.

It is not the fastest, but it works well for most of workloads, like watching movies, using TV, and similar.

> Neither 6.0 not 7.0 seems to support USB devices.

Hmm, a number of users use Kodi with USB. I personally use USB keyboard, mouse and GamePad to control my pine. I tested a few USB devices also fine.
There were no version that USB would not work.

> 7.0 takes about 10 minutes too, but WHY use 6.0 instead of 7.0??

Because 6.0 is more compatible and simply faster, because of that.

On 6.0 you should be able to use tablet version of Netflix as it also supports Widevine DRM L3.

I could not get either the Pine keyboard not my Microsoft Ergonomic keyboard not a mouse to work.  I was back on Android 7.0 after never getting the TV version to respond to the LCD unlike the non-TV version of 7.0.  5.1.1 from Pine work with all 3 type of devices.  I swear it was working before with build 54 or else I would not have been able to configure WiFi and Google Play but now when I plug in a mouse the LED will not light up and same for they keyboards.  They get no power under build 67.
On advice of Bluphire I swapped from Android 7.x install to the 6.x install from the link at the start of this thread. I had not timed the 7.x initial boot, but so far I am at about a half hour of staring at the 4 animated circles.

Okay, I swear the damn Pine must be watching me. Just as with the 7.x build, as I type up a post on this forum, it finally progresses. Circles went away as I finished the first paragraph, just started a new timer to wait for anything else to show up. On the 7.x install I got to play with my mouse for a little bit at least. This one is just a black screen so far.

Gave it a half hour, really wanted to see things advance on their own. But finally cut power and restarted. This time I was at a seemingly full functioning Android in 4 minutes. Settings and wifi icons are slightly off the screen on the bottom. And when I clicked on the Wifi to enter my info, the system seemed to freeze up for a while. Eventually I got a "Leanback Launcher is not responding" popup, which was the whole problem with 7.x for me.

The 6.x build at least got me to see some apps on the bottom bar. But remains nonfunctional. Every time I reboot and try again I get the same results. The suggested search term cycles, the clock updates... but nothing responds to my mouse clicks, except to eventually pop up that Leanback is not responding.

No ideas on how to proceed from here unfortunately. In terms of all of the troubleshooting I can find on these boards, things should be functioning. I have not customized the Uenv or whatever that file is. I did open the IMG with 7zip to look for it at one point, but found a large file structure that I did not have luck in sorting through. It would be nice if there was a simple setting I could tweak somewhere to solve all of my issues, but other than adjusting the resolution to fit on my monitor better, none of the mentioned settings I have seen sound likely to help me.
xienwolf: in must cases what you are describing is a slow random I/O on SD card.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23