PINE64

Full Version: Dirty Cow Patch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know if there have been any patches to the kernel Debian Jessie 3.10.102 for the "Dirty Cow" exploit?
I've done the usual "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade" , but don't know if there has been a patch applied for this bug. Huh
Are you using your pine as a web server ? (if not, the I wouldn't worry all too much). Second, I believe that longsleep's kernel from last week already patched it ?

From IRC:

07:50:44     | I am reading dirty cow patch for Pine64, it is long done - see my Kernel release from last week

[edit] run the kernel update script in: /usr/local/sbin
(10-27-2016, 12:00 PM)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using your pine as a web server ? (if not, the I wouldn't worry all too much). Second, I believe that longsleep's kernel from last week already patched it ?

From IRC:

07:50:44     | I am reading dirty cow patch for Pine64, it is long done - see my Kernel release from last week

[edit] run the kernel update script in: /usr/local/sbin

Thanks for the info Luke. Running the kernel update script now.

Yeah not really running any webservers on the Pine, however I like to keep things secure for safety sake. In the future I may decide to host a server on this device. For now I just use it as a device to learn Linux.
FYI TidBits, the pine does surprisingly well as a web server, granted you don't expect heavy traffic Smile