PINE64

Full Version: Battery + Charging question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I love the fact that the PINE64 has native support for LIPO batteries, but I can't seem to fine any specifications for charging.

I wanted to know what the maximum charge current available is.  It's great to have a 5-10Ah battery, but if you can only charge it at 500mA then it's a bit pointless.  I was hoping for at least a 1A charge but preferably a 2-5A charge.
(02-03-2016, 08:26 AM)adk_mechetech Wrote: [ -> ]So I love the fact that the PINE64 has native support for LIPO batteries, but I can't seem to fine any specifications for charging.

I wanted to know what the maximum charge current available is.  It's great to have a 5-10Ah battery, but if you can only charge it at 500mA then it's a bit pointless.  I was hoping for at least a 1A charge but preferably a 2-5A charge.

Please check on this thread: http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?t...t=charging
Ahh, thank you.  I didn't see a mention of charging in the title so I passed it by.

I'll post this here too since it is relevant to the thread title:

So I browsed through the datasheet for the chip and it looks like everything is configured by data registers.

Will there be a software option to configure these specific to the battery we want to use? (ie. 1A+ charge current for high capacity batteries)

Obviously the chip supports up to 2.8A charging, but thermal management becomes an issue.  What is the functional limit due to lack of active cooling?