PINE64

Full Version: Bluetooth will not pair
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried using Ubuntu build initially but ran into problems getting wifi and bluetooth to work.  Being impatient I swithched over to Debian to give that a try.  Wifi started immediately  but blue tooth was still a problem.
It will find my devices but will not pair.  The bluetooth icon in the top panel changes color for about 3 seconds like it is connected but then goes back to black.  Sometimes I get a banner travel accross the screen telling me to enter the key for the blurtooth keyboard.  I enter it but it does not help.

I tried a few things I found in threads:
 sudo /etc/init.d/bluetooth restart

[ ok ] Restarting bluetooth (via systemctl): bluetooth.service.
debian@pine64:~$ sudo hcitool dev
Devices:
hci0 34:C3Big Grin2:BF:85:78

debian@pine64:~$ hcitool scan

Scanning ...
00:10:61:00:AB:2F GT BT-Receiver
34:88:5D:5C:30:F0 Keyboard K380

I have tried to pair both devices but no deal.
Yes my gray cable is connected and wifi works using it now.

Would appreciate some help
Thanks
i would try to get synaptic installed and operational.
try to install blueman and get that setup. via synaptic
(10-23-2016, 08:55 PM)dkryder Wrote: [ -> ]i would try to get synaptic installed and operational.
try to install blueman and get that setup. via synaptic

Thanks for your reply.

I added Synaptic, launched Synaptic GUI, updated all packages.
Went to  install Blueman but it was already installed so I re-installed.
Did a reboot.  Launched Blueman from top panel. Did a search for devices.
It found my speakers and keyboard. I selected keyboard and did a setup.  It paused for a few seconds and said failed to pair.  I tried the speakers and it did the same thing.

I read a thread named BT dated May 2016.  It said bluetooth is not available in the LINUX kernal.   Is that still true?
Thanks