PINE64

Full Version: Linux and Android unstable and stand still regularly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hallo,

I have a 2GB pre-ordered Pine64 which arrived I think in Juli or so (just so you can estimate which board I might have). I used the board with various OSes including Ubuntu, Debian, Android Lollipop and DietPi. Android seemed fairly unstable, apps usually took very long to boot and crashed most of the time. The other OSes usually were very very slow, with standstills up to a minute. That was about a month or two ago. I wonder if it was the software not being quite ready yet or the Pine actually not being powerful enough or if I got a faulty device.

Do you have similar experiences or anything I can try to find stuff out (btw. I have a degree in computer science, you can get technical with me).

Thank you
Lukas
(10-19-2016, 09:31 AM)AES Wrote: [ -> ]I have a 2GB pre-ordered Pine64 which arrived I think in Juli or so (just so you can estimate which board I might have). I used the board with various OSes including Ubuntu, Debian, Android Lollipop and DietPi. Android seemed fairly unstable, apps usually took very long to boot and crashed most of the time. The other OSes usually were very very slow, with standstills up to a minute. That was about a month or two ago. I wonder if it was the software not being quite ready yet or the Pine actually not being powerful enough or if I got a faulty device.

Something is wrong, either with your SD cards, or with your pine board.  All OS very stable; even going back several months;  debian, ubuntu, Arch, Android... all work well.
Good to know, thank you for your reply. I will try other SD-Cards, first and then maybe contact the makers. Can you tell me which card you use?
use samsung evo brand sd cards. i went from a shit chinese brand SD to this samsung evo and its night and day.

https://www.amazon.ca/SAMSUNG-Class-Micr...amsung+evo 

excuse the canadianness of it.